P3 Firmware Clarification is it necessary to update the RC with the recent update 7/09/2015

Reaction score
I have read in the forum that in this new firmware update it is not necessary to update the RC as we have done in previous updates. On the other hand I have download the new firmware V1.4.0010 and after extracting it there is a pdf document with the instructions to update the firmware. Reading this document I am a little confused for many things:

1-It refers to the update if the firmware v1.2? We are now in the v1.4.0010, isn't it?

2-It refers to the RC update through the app instead of using a USB device as we did in previous updates. Also it mentions the DJI GO app v1,2.0 when we are on the v2.2.0 in IOS and v2.1.0 in Android

From my point of view this document is partially superseded so should I ignore it?

Where can I get a clear instructions regarding how to carry out the firmware update properly for the bird and RC?

Thanks everybody for your great help every time I put a query in the forum

The How to update instructions are generic instructions, not for a specific version.
If you go to the download page, it now has a banner on top just for you.
It says:
The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0010 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.20 to update the firmware to v1.3.20 before updating the aircraft.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Msinger congratulations for your great tutorial as usual!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers