CITY FLYING

Reaction score
Good day everyone, Whenever I fly in my neighborhood I tend to get a poor quality remote warning (too much interference). The warning will go away after it warms up and safe to fly GPS turns green. I go up fly out to but the maximum distance I get is 1190 feet. Is this normal being that I get that Poor quality warning and not to fly long distance?

My experience is similar to yours. My guess is that there is a ton of interference from power lines and all the other electronic stuff that is in suburban areas.

My flight time was increased greatly when I flew over the water with zero interference.

Reactions: Twinnny_twinnn
Try to monitor the wifi interference on your DJI Go App and try to pickup the best channel. But in general poor signal will limit your flying.

how high are you flying I always go 396 in the neighborhood seems to give me better distance

Try to monitor the wifi interference on your DJI Go App and try to pickup the best channel. But in general poor signal will limit your flying.
So basically don't do auto channel do custom and pick one?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good day everyone, Whenever I fly in my neighborhood I tend to get a poor quality remote warning (too much interference). The warning will go away after it warms up and safe to fly GPS turns green. I go up fly out to but the maximum distance I get is 1190 feet. Is this normal being that I get that Poor quality warning and not to fly long distance?
Why would you fly in a populated neighborhood (really bad idea)? Go out to where it is rural and avoid all the safety issues and interference 'noise' in the airwaves.

how high are you flying I always go 396 in the neighborhood seems to give me better distance
Both P3 and your RC should not fall in any noisy areas. Flying high will keep clear LOS and better chances of good communication between two but RC still remains at the same ground noisy level.

Also P3 has to fight against winds as you go high.

Why would you fly in a populated neighborhood (really bad idea)? Go out to where it is rural and avoid all the safety issues and interference 'noise' in the airwaves.
You are right about that but I wanted some city shots for a scene.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have two routers in my house. The channels are a lot quieter if I kill the wifi in my house before flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers