Circuit Board Replacement for a Battery Communication Error?

Reaction score
Hi There,

I had a heavy crash and destroyed the gimbal camera on my vision plus. I got a new gimbal but didn't open up the shell until the gimbal arrived. I found that one cable was disconnected from the circuit board the "SMB" and the EXP connection was broken off. In the crash the battery shattered in impact and pushed up the shell under the circuit board and then separated from the unit. The installation of the new gimbal was fine but i got a invalid battery message on my app. I was able to get the unit to power up by physically connecting the SMB connection by pushing down into the circuit board but as soon as i let go got a battery communication error. I have a spare DJIP2-06 DJI Phantom 2 / Phantom 2 Vision Internal Power Plug but i am guessing i will need to order and install a new DJIPV-10 DJI Phantom 2 / Phantom 2 Vision Central Circuit Board? Can't see how i can reconnect the SMB connection myself on the circuit board.

I have attached a few images. Has anyone else had the same problem or know a fix or does this obviously look like i will have to install a new central circuit board?

Thanks so much.

Attachments

• GCP_141002_iPhone_008.jpg
    GCP_141002_iPhone_008.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,742
  • GCP_141002_iPhone_011.jpg
    GCP_141002_iPhone_011.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,038
  • GCP_141002_iPhone_022.jpg
    GCP_141002_iPhone_022.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 738
  • GCP_141002_iPhone_023-web.jpg
    GCP_141002_iPhone_023-web.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 739
  • GCP_141002_iPhone_023.jpg
    GCP_141002_iPhone_023.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 898
Re: Circuit Board Replacement for a Battery Communication Er

Hi There - just an update incase anyone is interested.
I managed to successfully get the SMB connection working again be re-soldering the connection to the circuit board. The Bird flies again! I have quite a bit of drift now in GPS and think i may have to replace a couple of the motors that may have been damaged/bent in the prior crash. I will research this on the forums and post a new thread on this issue. Cheers.

By the time your done , might have been better off getting a new one.

Good luck with that. You'll end up learning a lot from that crash. I think it may have been cost-effective.

Thanks for the comments. Mori55 - you might be right!! I have already replaced the shell, 1 motor and the gimbal and if i end up replacing a few more motors the price will probably be about the same as getting a new bird. That being said through the process of repairing my P2 vision plus i have learnt some new skills that have allowed me to repair my older P2 and shooting video again with a GoPro3+ have been awesome.
slothead cheers for the positive perspective. After each setback i have slowly been building my experience...i never would have thought i'd be confident doing a tear down, replacing circuit boards and soldering. The love of aerial photography and video is pushing me into personal uncharted waters. Having fun along the way as well ;) Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20