Cinematographer Flight patterns

.... to have the abilty to do a preliminary fly through that for example allowed you to lock the gimbal, not just on a gps coordinate , but also at the specific elevation and at specified gimbal orientation, sort of like a 3D waypoint....

That's already possible. It's simply called a "point of interest (POI)" in Litchi and you select not only the POI but at what angle/altitude you want the camera to be pointed. Also for multiple POIs/Waypoints the software will interpolate from one to the next and make a smooth transition for you.

That's already possible. It's simply called a "point of interest (POI)" in Litchi and you select not only the POI but at what angle/altitude you want the camera to be pointed. Also for multiple POIs/Waypoints the software will interpolate from one to the next and make a smooth transition for you.

So can you for example fly to the subject concerned , move in/out up/down until the framing is what you want, then hit one of the c buttons ( i am guessing) and Litchi will record your gps coordinates, your elevation, orientation and the gimbal angle for you?

I'm not 100% sure I follow you but... you can create waypoints and POI from within Litchi via C1/C2 buttons yes. I'm not sure what "defaults" are used as far as gimble, orientation etc but it does have some strong built-in features. You'd have to either experiment with it or ask someone who is fluent in it's use. I've always flown manually and just bought Litchi yesterday so I'm VERY far from a Litchi power user.

So can you for example fly to the subject concerned , move in/out up/down until the framing is what you want, then hit one of the c buttons ( i am guessing) and Litchi will record your gps coordinates, your elevation, orientation and the gimbal angle for you?

No you can't do that in Litchi.

You can drop waypoints when flying manually in the DJI go app, but that does not appeal to most people who prefer to sit at home and build up a mission, firstly on google earth pro (free download here Google Earth) using the 'set path' feature, and then transferring that flight path to the online mission hub here Mission Hub - Litchi, and then finally on to your Litchi app for final settings and final check.

This video was achieved by using the above method. Cinematographer Flight patterns

Last edited:
No you can't do that in Litchi.

You can drop waypoints when flying manually in the DJI go app, but that does not appeal to most people who prefer to sit at home and build up a mission, firstly on google earth pro (free download here Google Earth) using the 'set path' feature, and then transferring that flight path to the online mission hub here Mission Hub - Litchi, and then finally on to your Litchi app for final settings and final check.

This video was achieved by using the above method. Cinematographer Flight patterns
I

i suppose there are two types of users. Those wanting to have fun and document an area , by setting some way points and getting some nice footage.
And then there are those who want to be a bit more artistic about it, and get the drone to take the video from just the right angle and framing. I wonder whether autopilot would allow drone positioning for framing? All i know is that it is much more complex than litchi.
What is the advantage of using google earth pro over just planning in the maps of mission hub? Sorry if thats a stupid question, but i havent used google earth pro in many years.

I

i suppose there are two types of users. Those wanting to have fun and document an area , by setting some way points and getting some nice footage.
And then there are those who want to be a bit more artistic about it, and get the drone to take the video from just the right angle and framing. I wonder whether autopilot would allow drone positioning for framing? All i know is that it is much more complex than litchi.
What is the advantage of using google earth pro over just planning in the maps of mission hub? Sorry if thats a stupid question, but i havent used google earth pro in many years.

You use both google earth and mission hub after.

In google earth you can set a path and altitude on the map, the path is extended to the ground, so you end up with what looks like a wall over the map twisting and turning from waypoint to waypoint. This makes your elevation clear to see over the map, rather than just a flat line, very handy when flying a mission over undulating ground.

Then you save the file as a .kml file, then you can import it into the mission hub online and set up the rest of your mission.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Fink
You use both google earth and mission hub after.

In google earth you can set a path and altitude on the map, the path is extended to the ground, so you end up with what looks like a wall over the map twisting and turning from waypoint to waypoint. This makes your elevation clear to see over the map, rather than just a flat line, very handy when flying a mission over undulating ground.

Then you save the file as a .kml file, then you can import it into the mission hub online and set up the rest of your mission.
Coco that sounds realy interesting. I will give it a try. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31