Christmas Promotion!!

Thanks pinfish, that does makes some sense. When DJI said "it's up to dealers if they want to participate" what they meant was "it's up to dealers if they want to lose $150 of margin to match us".

Hearing that I'm not sure it's worth the small saving either after shipping costs especially as you would have to direct any and all support requests to DJI direct rather than through a dealer... and good luck with that!

EDIT: Just tried to find out where they are shipping them from - as you might get stung for import duties that would leave you out of pocket compared to just buying a second battery. No info on the website at all - emailed their online store address to find out.

I bought mine on Monday from buzzflyer, and just found out about this promotion.

So i called buzz, who told me that they got this promotion dropped on them by DJI and that they were unsure what to do. So to call them back tomorrow morning.

Otherwise, I wont open the package when it arrives and send it straight back, before ordering a new one. Or maybe not.

Don't take this wrong, but I'm in a strangely similar situation to DJI:

3 days ago I offered to sell this sticker idea, and some of you jumped on board- very cool.

I sent the personalized PV stickers the next day, knowing that you wanted them now!

Here's the problem: I added a few new stickers to the set, and will include them on every order that comes in from here out, but what about those that jumped in and ordered what I offered initially? They were happy with the price, and ordered (which I appreciate so much), but now the set is bigger and you get more for the same price.

If they were standing here, I'd hand 'em the additions and everyone is happy... but to accomplish this, I'll need to search email to figure out who got the 'old' set, and who gets the 'new' set and address the envelopes and stamp them and... I wish they were just standing there!

I am in no way complaining, but I want to treat everyone fairly- and keep them happy. This might affect adding pieces to the set in the future, not wanting to piss off the past 'customers', so then do I create a new item to start fresh?

The quandary is real for me today, as I have sent mail around the globe, and don't want those guys to feel neglected because we changed the set, BUT, I also need to be able to develop and improve the product so I guess there is some risk in buying early, and I begin to understand the position I am in with my Vision and DJI- having purchased a P2V early, and an extra battery at full price.

If I bought Friday and they revealed the deal Saturday I'd be carrying a burning pitchfork down to the DJI office, or something like that. (disclaimer: I do not own a pitchfork or condone violence :mrgreen: )

I am sympathetic to both sides of it. Now, if you missed the new stickers that we made, send me a SASE to the return address on your sticker set and I'll drop the additions back into the mail to you... Perhaps that solves it for me? I don't have a solution to DJI's situation. The early/premature release did have some significant bugs that can't be ignored.

coloradosky said:

3 days ago I offered to sell this sticker idea, and some of you jumped on board- very cool.

I sent the personalized PV stickers the next day, knowing that you wanted them now!

Here's the problem: I added a few new stickers to the set, and will include them on every order that comes in from here out, but what about those that jumped in and ordered what I offered initially? They were happy with the price, and ordered (which I appreciate so much), but now the set is bigger and you get more for the same price.

If they were standing here, I'd hand 'em the additions and everyone is happy... but to accomplish this, I'll need to search email to figure out who got the 'old' set, and who gets the 'new' set and address the envelopes and stamp them and... I wish they were just standing there!

I am in no way complaining, but I want to treat everyone fairly- and keep them happy. This might affect adding pieces to the set in the future, not wanting to piss off the past 'customers', so then do I create a new item to start fresh?

The quandary is real for me today, as I have sent mail around the globe, and don't want those guys to feel neglected because we changed the set, BUT, I also need to be able to develop and improve the product so I guess there is some risk in buying early, and I begin to understand the position I am in with my Vision and DJI- having purchased a P2V early, and an extra battery at full price.

If I bought Friday and they revealed the deal Saturday I'd be carrying a burning pitchfork down to the DJI office, or something like that. (disclaimer: I do not own a pitchfork or condone violence :mrgreen: )

I am sympathetic to both sides of it. Now, if you missed the new stickers that we made, send me a SASE to the return address on your sticker set and I'll drop the additions back into the mail to you... Perhaps that solves it for me? I don't have a solution to DJI's situation. The early/premature release did have some significant bugs that can't be ignored.

Colorado:

Which stickers did you add? Some might be interested in getting them, some not so much. I was one of the early adopters. ( I learned NOTHING from my DJI experience, apparently ! :? ) If I think they're something I'd like, I'll send you a SAS envelope. If not... I'll just thoroughly enjoy the stickers you were nice enough to provide...

-slinger

I bought my Phantom 2 Vision from B&H Photo on 11/8. I had an issue with it and exchanged it on 12/1. It was on sale that weekend for less then I originally paid, so B&H gave me a refund for the price difference ($70). I just called B&H and mentioned that I received an email ad from them this morning and that they are offering the free 2nd battery. They looked up my order, said that the price is now $1199 and that they could charge me the $70 that they refunded me and then send me a free battery. Done deal.

Colorado,
I wouldn't worry too much about pissing off the early adopters of the Vision stickers (myself included). I'm thankful that you were kind enough to share your ideas / abilities with the group. I think your idea of offering the additional stickers to those who send a SASE is more than fair. I think the main difference between your situation and DJIs is that the early buyers of the Vision did not get what they paid for... the Vision should not have been released when it was. I think the sting of missing out on a free battery would have been much less if we had not had to deal with the Invalid Battery issues, Tx firmware updates, waiting for replacement units to be shipped, etc, etc. In your case, I assume, these stickers will work as advertised and everyone will be happy! Now, if they start peeling off mid-flight and cause Visions to fall from the sky, then that's a different story and we will have to start a new thread about you! :lol: Thanks again, keep up the great work!

tgaynor said:
I bought my Phantom 2 Vision from B&H Photo on 11/8. I had an issue with it and exchanged it on 12/1. It was on sale that weekend for less then I originally paid, so B&H gave me a refund for the price difference ($70). I just called B&H and mentioned that I received an email ad from them this morning and that they are offering the free 2nd battery. They looked up my order, said that the price is now $1199 and that they could charge me the $70 that they refunded me and then send me a free battery. Done deal.

I read this post... it sounded EXACTLY like my situation! So i got in an online chat with B&H...

A new battery is on the way! B&H has rocked during this whole experience!!

Toxicboy said:
tgaynor said:

I read this post... it sounded EXACTLY like my situation! So i got in an online chat with B&H...

A new battery is on the way! B&H has rocked during this whole experience!!

Just a word about B&H………………..Great!!!

I've been dealing with them buying cameras, lens and other equipment for 20 years. I've spent thousands of dollars with them and never once had an issue. If your ever in NYC be sure to stop in their store its HUGE. Just don't forget they are closed Saturdays and all of the Jewish holidays

B&H told me my 30 day price match period had expired now and there was nothing they could do. But it hasn't expired by very much!!!
However…B&H are still good folks to do business with and I won't fault them for having their polices.

coloradosky said:

................ Perhaps that solves it for me? I don't have a solution to DJI's situation. The early/premature release did have some significant bugs that can't be ignored.

The difference between you and dji is that you are clearly interested in your customer's feelings about this... Dji have so far shown little response to people's problems... Also -- your customers are not acting as unpaid beta testers! :)

coloradosky said:

I think the SASE idea is fair Mark. Seems everyone here are ethical folks, so I would expect you will not have any issues with forum members. Good Luck!

I ordered my PV Sunday, it was shipped Monday, Got it tuesday... Was going to open her up and get started tonight but decided to hold off after reading this thread. Fortunately, I purchased from B&H after reading all of their great reviews, one from a new PV owner. I just sent them an email requesting the free battery. I'll let y'all know what happens. That would sure be a savings if they honor it. fyi: I had registered to be notified when they had these batteries in stock since they were not available when I bought my PV. It was in my email box two days ago... sure glad I didn't jump on it before reading this thread!! Thanks Guys!! :)

P2Ver's:

If you go to http://www.DJI.com you will see their Christmas Promo there. It is only if you buy a Phantom that you get one additional batter free.

Here is a photo of the page.

Attachments

• DJI Christmas Promo.jpg
    DJI Christmas Promo.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 599
Qwadjok said:
P2Ver's:

If you go to http://www.DJI.com you will see their Christmas Promo there. It is only if you buy a Phantom that you get one additional batter free.

Here is a photo of the page.

Yeah, I that's what they are talking about. :)

Personally, I'm not upset. I bought my P2V a few weeks ago for $1200 and bought a second battery for $160 - $1360 total. Now, DJI is offering it for $1320 with a second battery. That's just $40 less. It was available at $100 off on Black Friday.

It's typical for early adopters and those who order direct from the manufacturer to pay a premium.

-- Roger

Still waiting to hear from B&H on my post purchase free battery, but here's a screen capture of the offer that popped up a couple of days ago. Hoping they honor the Dec 7th start date per Dji mentioned earlier.

[attachment=0]ScreenShot00001.jpg[/attachment

Attachments

• ScreenShot00001.jpg
    ScreenShot00001.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 505
Mactab said:
Now I am seriously p****ed
after all the hassle the early buyers (beta testers) have had - me with battery and faulty camera. DJI are offering a free battery to people buying a phantom vision for Christmas.
Not impressed

Thanks a lot dji

****, I spent $200 on a spare battery

Dealers are also participating in the DJI promo. Come on over to dronesetc and take advantage of the Christmas promo with FREE batteries!

Re: Christmas Promotion!! It's all in how its worded

Look at what the add says carefully.

The add says you get a "free battery" with your purchase. It does not say "1 additional free battery". The Phantom 2 Vision comes with 1 free smart battery already. People, you need to read it carefully. That's like buying a car and the dealer throws in 4 free tires!

Most likely what you are seeing is an effort to dump inventory from older models to make room for the newer version. I'd like to see the actual link that clearly says you will receive a Phantom 2 Vision smart battery. Most likely, you won't.

Secondly:

The coupon for a free battery for those who bought a "Phantom" before 9/9/2013 mentions it is a credit to be applied for a new Phantom 2 Vision. The Phantom 2 Vision was not available to my recollection until 11/1/2013.

So, with that being said, the Phantom you bought before 9/9/2013 uses the much smaller battery, not the newer smart battery (selling in most areas for $160.00 US) included with the Phantom 2 Vision quad-copters. Plus, it is only a credit to be applied to the purchase of a new Phantom 2 Vision. I'd still like to see if the free smart battery is in addition to the battery that already comes with the P2V. Maybe someone can contact B&H to find this out.

Many advertisers promote a "loss leader" to hook you into making additional purchases. To the unknowing, it sounds great. I'll bet if you contact these sellers, you will find out exactly what I said here. If not, they are terrible advertisers.

Take Black Friday for example. Best Buy will advertise huge markdowns on items everybody wants on Black Friday. When the doors open, you find out there was only 1 or 2 in stock that just sold but if you want a similar but better one, you buy the next higher priced one. That is how they hook everyone into Black Friday. It's an illusion. Also, on Black Friday, I have been watching the door in door refrigerators by LG at Home Depot, Best Buy and Lowes for 6 months. The prices all summer were $2,298.00. In September the prices all went back up to full retail book price of $3,795.00. Then on Black Friday, the prices dropped back to $2,295.00 creating the illusion you were saving $1,497.00. The same is said for gas station convenience stores. Gas and cigarettes are always at minimum price. It's their loss leaders to get you inside so you buy items with higher margins.

Next time you see a great deal on Phantom products, read the ad carefully and don't buy anything on passion. Do your home work and don't get ripped off.

I own a Phantom 2 Vision and love it. Have fun flying. :cool:

PS: I've attached these ads from B&H Photo for you to decide.

Attachments

• Coupon Ad.jpg
    Coupon Ad.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 378
  • B&H P2V Ad.jpg
    B&H P2V Ad.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 388
  • DJI Smart Battery.jpg
    DJI Smart Battery.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 420
Qwadjok,
Just so you know I got the free 2nd phantom 2 vision battery from B&H when I ordered mine on Thursday. So it is not a mixing of the words

Just got this email from B&H.. Guess I made it under the wire by two days.. Just lucky I guess.

If you bought your PV2 after December 7th from B&H(bought mine the 9th), I believe they will honor the DJI offer and send you a free Smart Battery. Hope this helps.

Hello *** *********
my name is Simon R:

Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

We will go ahead and ship the free battery out to you.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Simon R
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
The Professional's Source.
E-Mail Customer Service Department
http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1