Christmas Promotion!!

If the PV was working as it should, then we just had bad luck with this current offer either we like it or not (i don´t like it by the way).
But the PV didn´t work as it should and some even had some crashes before the update and it wasn´t there fault for that.

It is normal to feel bad about this situation and for me it is not a money issue but something principle but i can imagine that people saved money for this and they would like to have a battery for free and flying without any problems.
It would be more weird if current PV users people would like the offer but why to wait until it is working as it should? When they release it, it is normal you want it because it is an amazing product and you suspect that it is working as it should.

So DJI, it would be very kind of you to give a discount coupon for a free battery when you purchase one.

It's their CHRISTMAS promotion, for crying out loud. It's not even a price drop (yet).

Even if it's a price drop, y'all should know what you're getting into when you preorder something. There are numerous articles about being bleeding edge adopters, the cost, the risk, and the (miniscule) reward that comes along with it.

If you have problem with your PV, then by all means to back to DJI, but don't mix up product complaint and asking for free batteries due to bad experience with said product. What, you hate it so much that you need extra airtime with it?

myvrodrocks said:
BobUnplugged said:
I can't understand why someone would be mad at DJI over this. Very often, folks pay a premium to be the first on their block with the newest gizmo, and this appears to be one of those cases. You paid for, and received, exactly what you bargained for, at exactly the price you agreed to pay.

If DJI decides to have a buy-one-get-one-free sale, that is certainly their business. Most businesses (rightfully) reserve the right to price their products as they see fit, often based on all kinds of variables (supply, demand, etc.)

Don't grumble!! You got your new toy before everyone else. No one can take that away from you.

No Bob. How wrong you are! I did t get what I paid for. I got something that broke in a week. And now that I am NOT the first on my block I am being reamed and laughed at. Its about utility. Had I had this thing the past few weeks then maybe I would have gotten my 160$ utility. But I dont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're conflating issues, at least as it pertains to my post. I still firmly believe that DJI has every right to price and ADJUST price as they see fit in the market.

If DJI RAISED the price of the PV to $1299, would you insist upon sending them a check for $100? If not, why not?

Yup. They do. And I have the right to be pissed off. I don't have a right to a free battery just because I am mad.

Im just saying had I waited I could have bought now and gotten the battery and would have the same amount of flight time as I do now which is none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dealer responded to the second e-mail I sent him. He told me he should hear back from DJI in a day or two and that he will let me know about what can be done. He said he had a ton of other unhappy customers about this issue too.

Looks like there is a bit of news! It also seems to be good!

I was just on YouTube watching DJI's Christmas promotion video on their channel, and if you go and look in their comment section people are complaining about this. DJI responded saying that they have worked out a solution with the dealers. Hopefully will see a resolution shortly!

W.A.R. said:
Looks like there is a bit of news! It also seems to be good!

I was just on YouTube watching DJI's Christmas promotion video on their channel, and if you go and look in their comment section people are complaining about this. DJI responded saying that they have worked out a solution with the dealers. Hopefully will see a resolution shortly!
Saw that too!
I sent a message to B&H Photo, my dealer.
Doubt if it will do any good, but it's worth a try!
Nothing to loose by trying!

PAV

I purchased mine four days ago from DRONEFLY. I just called them and they said that they will not honor the promotion for sales before today.

rmklaw said:
I purchased mine four days ago from DRONEFLY. I just called them and they said that they will not honor the promotion for sales before today.

I would send your Vision back promptly then and order from someone else! How ridiculous and outrageous!

Problem is that they have a restocking fee, even if unopened. I just got a call from DRONEFLY. They told me that DJI instructions were to only honor the promotion for sales after December 7???? That is a Saturday, I bought mine Friday evening. Does this make sense?

I just have to say that I fully intend on getting this battery or I am for sure returning the Vision. This whole thing seems outrageous to me, and if it's the dealer's discretion in the end who gets a free battery or not and they decide not to honor it...well then they deserve to go under.

Obviously Dronefly is not a good place to do business with anymore. Shame on them.

rmklaw said:
Problem is that they have a restocking fee, even if unopened. I just got a call from DRONEFLY. They told me that DJI instructions were to only honor the promotion for sales after December 7???? That is a Saturday, I bought mine Friday evening. Does this make sense?

How much is the restocking fee?

I too ordered on the 6th, so we will see what my dealer says.

If I were you I would send Dronefly a link to this thread.

We should all start making a note on the forum of who is a good place to deal with and who is not. $159-169 is a lot of money!

rmklaw said:

F that ship it back and call up your credit card company.

arinvideo said:
rmklaw said:

F that ship it back and call up your credit card company.

Agreed.

BobUnplugged said:
If DJI RAISED the price of the PV to $1299, would you insist upon sending them a check for $100? If not, why not?

Probably not the best analogy.

Look at the smartphone market, going crazy with offers from one week to the next on new models.

Purchasing a new product in such a new exploding market, you will see change in pricing/specs and availablity all the time.
Yeah I just purchased four extra PV batteries at full price, but nobody forced me into buying them.

Come Jan 7, if DJI announce a new Phantom model, yes I will weigh up if I want to 'invest' their new product so quickly. Or sit back and wait for the marketplace to settle down.

I have seen the same happen in the professional broadcast camera market all the time. I always hang back and wait about six months.

Mactab said:
Now I am seriously p****ed
after all the hassle the early buyers (beta testers) have had - me with battery and faulty camera. DJI are offering a free battery to people buying a phantom vision for Christmas.
Not impressed

Thanks a lot dji

By the way, have you beta testers worked out all the kinks yet? I'm thinking about buying one for my wife but want to make sure you guys have fully tested it so I can buy version 1.1

This is what I just found out from my dealer. Since DJI is charging 118.00 to ship the unit they are offering the battery for that price and not giving it for free, because DJI is not giving them the shipping fees as a discount. I hope this makes sense. I am new and just ordered mine from amazon 2 days ago but for me the 40.00 isn't worth the issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic