Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Christmas light display

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by NorthernObserver, Dec 24, 2014.

1. NorthernObserver

2. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Looks like there were a lot of people out enjoying the lights. While the red & green lights on the Phantom are festive, the red ones will cast that red glow in your footage. I learned that the hard way when I filmed fireworks on my first night filming, tape em up. Were you where people could see you piloting it? Just curious if you drew a crowd. They really stand out in the sky at night for a long ways.

3. Mholz

Little black electrical tape over those LED's would do the trick. Nice Vid, just got me in the festive mood ..

4. NorthernObserver

This was my first night flight, I'll remember to tape the LED's next time as they sure stand out in the night sky, no doubt about it. I was flying non-FPV, no problem seeing where the Phantom 2 was heading, I was in a parking lot across the road. I find people friendly enough, but they can be very distracting to me trying to strike up a conversation during a flight like this that demands full concentration.

5. Shuether

Very cool! What setting did you use for video? I've tried a couple night shots and have had less than favourable results.