Christmas is coming...

Reaction score
Searched the threads and a lot have come up from last year but things have moved on. So the question a lot of Dads will be asking soon is what quad to get the kids. I have an 8 year old who loves my P3P but its too expensive and dangerous for him. Ideally something that has a camera in it that he can destroy in a min. Not too bothered on price but something that will actually be half decent and something he could use outside.

Any ideas - all the ones I have looked at on Amazon get horrible ratings.

Check out the Syma X5C. It's no Phantom for sure, but Symas are pretty durable quadcopters.

Last edited:
Looked at the 9 AWESOME Drones for Kids list and though mahhh. These things are ofter written by people who dont know much or never use them. Micro drone looks good - wee what reviews are like when they come out.

I was going to get my son the Millenium Falcon quad, but saw that it was $110 at Target. A little too much for that, when I can get him something a bit more "real" for not much more.

Number 8 in that list was a "rolling spider"... that thing is just ugly... lol... My son is 8, and he does better than I expected with my P2, so I'll stick with the Indiegogo one for now.

I agree that the syma X5C is a good starter, and does have a camera. I have one and practice with it all the time my P3P batteries are charging [emoji6]

Coll, cant see the Mini Drone getting to mass market for non indigo supported before then (glitch free) so may for the X5C, cheers pep's :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik