Chrashed - who can fix?

Reaction score
Sigh - I chrashed! :oops:

Had been taking pictures in 10 minutes and wanted to land. Got it down to 3 metres and wanted to rotate.
Rotates a litttle and then it looses signal and flyes around. No flyback landing. CRASH!
Gimbal and cam torn apart.

My danish DJI dealer says there is no spare parts available yet. What are my options in europe.

BTW - the drone can fly, but the gimbal gets very warm. Could I dismount it and fly without?

how did it crash, weird that the camera and gimbal are completly trashed. the landing gear should have protected those parts.

Loses signal ??? Sounds more like a bit of inexperience to me !

:(

if you got it from certified dealers, then send it back to them. thats their problem. defect phantom to me !

mtpisgah I highly doubt the dealer or DJI is going to repair a "crashed" unit free of charge. Lots of people crash RC aircraft. I've destroyed them on a first flight! Fortunately that only happened once. :oops:

You can fly your Phantom with the camera damaged. If the gimbal is bucking around or the motors are becoming excessively warm, you could open the Phantom and disconnect the signal & power connectors from the main board. I don't think I would completely remove it unless its just dangling. If possible, install the lens cap and gimbal lock (IF you disconnected the wires) and just fly with it fixed until you can secure a new camera/gimbal unit. If you remove it now, you might forget exactly how to install the replacement by the time it arrives, or lose mounting hardware.

Dirty Bird said:
mtpisgah I highly doubt the dealer or DJI is going to repair a "crashed" unit free of charge. Lots of people crash RC aircraft. I've destroyed them on a first flight! Fortunately that only happened once. :oops:

You can fly your Phantom with the camera damaged. If the gimbal is bucking around or the motors are becoming excessively warm, you could open the Phantom and disconnect the signal & power connectors from the main board. I don't think I would completely remove it unless its just dangling. If possible, install the lens cap and gimbal lock (IF you disconnected the wires) and just fly with it fixed until you can secure a new camera/gimbal unit. If you remove it now, you might forget exactly how to install the replacement by the time it arrives, or lose mounting hardware.

then he's going to around and round....let the dji and the dealer know your situation. if you're going to pay them to fix it and may be give you some discount or partial payment only.

frehr said:

Had been taking pictures in 10 minutes and wanted to land. Got it down to 3 metres and wanted to rotate.
Rotates a litttle and then it looses signal and flyes around. No flyback landing. CRASH!

My danish DJI dealer says there is no spare parts available yet. What are my options in europe.

BTW - the drone can fly, but the gimbal gets very warm. Could I dismount it and fly without?

Your situation is the same as mine. There are no spare parts available yet for the plus. I can appreciate this is a very frustrating situation. I removed my camera gimbal assembly so I could keep flying. I still have telemetry, just no video:

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    467.9 KB · Views: 592
wharfbanger said:
frehr said:

Your situation is the same as mine. There are no spare parts available yet for the plus. I can appreciate this is a very frustrating situation. I removed my camera gimbal assembly so I could keep flying. I still have telemetry, just no video:

Glad I learned on the phantom2 vision that thing was a tank .Crashed it many times and just new props and your off

The cam is torn off and the flat wire is broke.
I think it can fly. I unmounted the props and it spins up OK, but I can see the gimbal looks up and down (what? - no eyes) - and is getting warm.

Do you know if they are so integrated that you have to replace the gimbal AND the cam?
Have I made myself a very expensive keyhanger?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 349
frehr said:
The cam is torn off and the flat wire is broke.
I think it can fly. I unmounted the props and it spins up OK, but I can see the gimbal looks up and down (what? - no eyes) - and is getting warm.

Do you know if they are so integrated that you have to replace the gimbal AND the cam?
Have I made myself a very expensive keyhanger?

Identical damage to mine. Yes it will probably still fly. See my photo on previous page showing how the vision plus looks after camera and gimbal removal. You will need to the disassemble the top unit (take 2 metal plates off) to unplug the gimbal motor cable from the circuit board, otherwise the gimbal motor will keep running. All my telemetry still works fine. I am playing around with other mounts and cameras until I can get a spare.

Cheers,
Mark

I have abused mine, and rebuilt it from the boards up several times- I wonder if I should hang a shingle?

Hiway's Phantom Repairs... if I can't fix it then it ain't broke.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4