Choppy video

Reaction score
Hi all all I'm getting is choppy footage when I play it back on my laptop, I'm recording 1080p 60fps I've tried mov/MP4......am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Probably should add it's the advanced, cheers.

Hi all all I'm getting is choppy footage when I play it back on my laptop, I'm recording 1080p 60fps I've tried mov/MP4......am I missing something?

Hi just play it on TV and check if the video is still choppy..

My first flight video on advanced "seemed or felt" choppy when I first viewed it on laptop.. when I played it on TV it was smooth & normal..
So please check it on TV.. if it plays normal on TV, then may be try installing a different codec on your laptop..

Make sure it's actually on the computer and you're not viewing it from the card. I've noticed that makes a difference.

I've copied it to video files on the laptop and still the same, band318 I'll try the tv hopefully it's just my media player [emoji106]

It'll be the computer, try recording at 30fps it will play that I expect
You might try a different Video player, I find Windows own is quite good but VLC is often recommended.

Good point above about actually downloading it rather than playing from card even in a card reader older ones can't transfer data as quick as it plays.

Won't play on the tv it's MP4 but saying file not supported?

I also have similar choppy video with my 1080p/60fps video recorded on P3A, it turns out my 5 year old PC may be the cause that it just can't handle the 60Mb/s video bitrate. I have tried Windows media player, VLC, QuickTime and another player, all choppy. Then I played the video on my 2013 Macbook Pro (with Retina) and it plays smoothly. Check how old your laptop is, may be it's time for you (and me) to upgrade the hardware.

Won't play on the tv it's MP4 but saying file not supported?

Probably because of the (lack of) audio.. Even on my TV, I get a message "Audio format not supported".. I just click "OK" and then it plays the video file without any issues..

I did notice that even the 24fps video plays choppy on my laptop, where as plays smoothly on the TV

The 60fps could be your problem. My 2011 Samsung Tv wouldn't play 1080 at 60fps but looked beautiful at 30fps. I ended up buying a new TV which will play 60fps but I still can't play 2k7 files in any format. Still working on it, but I'm happy to film in 1080p for now.

Reactions: dayvee10
The 60fps could be your problem. My 2011 Samsung Tv wouldn't play 1080 at 60fps but looked beautiful at 30fps. I ended up buying a new TV which will play 60fps but I still can't play 2k7 files in any format. Still working on it, but I'm happy to film in 1080p for now.
Think you solved my problem many thanks.....one thing I have learned here is no matter how stupid just ask someone always has a solution.

Pleased I did a search. My first recording was on 2.7 and as jerky as hell. Will try 1080 @ 30 tomorrow.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4