Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced choppy video

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by dockbrn, Aug 9, 2015.

1. dockbrn

Hi All, this is my first post here, I have five hours of flight under my belt with the P3 Advanced, I just updated to the new firmware today did the IMU cal. compass cal etc. My bird settled down to a good stable hover after a few mins. Bird flew well. The video on play back from my I phone 6 was smooth , no problems. Here's the problem: when I took the sd card and ran the video it was choppy. if I slowly moved the sticks and the gimbal the video was nice and smooth. The video got choppy when I was aggreesive with the controls. I am using a i phone 6 and a macbook pro 15 > Does anyone know what the problem could be?! Any help would be nice Thanks !!

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Where did you run the video? If on your computer, you might need a faster computer.

If turning aggressively, the video is most likely never going to be smooth. When shooting video, it's best to make slow and steady movements.

3. dockbrn

4. dockbrn

It was running fine with the firmware 1.19 firmware if I remember right. the 1.2.8 was a disaster . it flew but drifted . and the video was really choppy. I just want the video to run smooth no matter how I fly it. Oh! just for the record : I had a computer store run it on their mac and the same thing
    one last note: I landed the craft and shut down the motors, Without shutting it off I carried the aircraft though my yard and into my work area, the funny thing is the video played fine no choppy ness. I recorded the from take off to the time I put it on my desk ..

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

Ah, and, since you have an Advanced, the playback is probably not going to be an issue. A lot of people have trouble playing 4k video.

Can you post some of the choppy video so we can see it?

6. dockbrn

Sure , just tell me how.. The phone video is fine, it is just the sd card thanks

7. msinger

Approved Vendor

You should probably do one of two things:

1) Do not attempt to play video from the memory card directly.
    2) Get a faster memory card -- like this one.

#7 msinger, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  8. Andy Collins

It's really hard to compare the video your watching on a small phone, then look at a large monitor, the jerkiness might be on the phone just not noticable since the phone has such a small screen.

As stated previously, quick jerky movements with the phantom won't give you smooth video

9. dockbrn

Thanks I will give it try, But what gets me is to keep throwing money at the problem , if you know what i mean. If I owned the 4k phantom I would understand it, That is why I picked the Advanced model. I did look at the iphone videos and they play fine That's why I cannot understand why they are choppy playing them from the OEM sd card . just my two cents ...

10. russsandy

I upgraded my video program. That worked. Wonder video. Something like that

11. dockbrn

I don't know if I stated before , I had no problems playing them from the sd card on my mac book pro 15 with the 1.1.9 firmware it started with the 1.2.8 firmware update . then I went to the 1.3.2 and it was choppy again but not as bad. That is way I am grumpy about it all. Post script note:

I am so pissed -off with the people who fly drones giving us a bad name. and now it is just going to be a matter of time until they are banned from the skies . I think the FAA should offer a certification course for us to weed out the bad apples . just my 2 cents here.
    Any thoughts on this ?

12. AlmostTan

Upload a video to YouTube or Viemo.

13. dockbrn

Just tell me how to upload it and I will be happy to ! it just has been driving me crazy,
    Thanks for the reply !

14. dockbrn

To Mr. Msinger I did order that sd card that you sent me the link for. Two questions I have if you don't mind me asking: O.K. I receive that sd card. what and how do I have to do to get up and running/ steps for doing that. Forget the second question for now. First things first.

15. russsandy

use wondershare video program. down load it for free and try it out. download sd card into it and try convert. it helped me remove the crazy