Choppy Video

Reaction score
Recently my video from the drone has been cutting/choppy when I watch it through the computer. Idk if I'm flying too crazy or if my range extender is tampering with the connection. There is often the poor radio channel quality.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Are you using the file on the card from the craft or the file in your tablet or phone?

Recently my video from the drone has been cutting/choppy when I watch it through the computer. Idk if I'm flying too crazy or if my range extender is tampering with the connection. There is often the poor radio channel quality.

Radio reception is irrelevant, the camera on the quad would record even if the app was shut off, assuming your using the files from the SD card in the camera then possibly your SD CARD is of a bad or low quality. Suggest using a class 10 card of a decent make.

I'm using a 64 gb class 10

Was it ever perfectly clear on your computer? Sometimes your video card can be to slow to run these big HD files. Do you have a smart phone? Send that same file to your smart phone. If it is clear on your smart phone then it is your video card on your computer and not the actual file that is the issue.

Sent from my SM-N900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Numone and Erised
I think it's made by HC in Taiwan. It was not clear at all on the computer. If I paused it for a little it would play good for like 15 seconds then start chopping

Was it ever perfectly clear on your computer? Sometimes your video card can be to slow to run these big HD files. Do you have a smart phone? Send that same file to your smart phone. If it is clear on your smart phone then it is your video card on your computer and not the actual file that is the issue.

Sent from my SM-N900V using PhantomPilots mobile app
Like acesvett said has it ever been clear on your computer? My older computer cannot play anything over 1080p, I had to buy a new gammer laptop to play 4K and edit with ease. The image is so clear I may need to get a P4P to replace my P4 now in order to get the maximum experience, (that's what I will tell my wife anyways)

I think it's made by HC in Taiwan. It was not clear at all on the computer. If I paused it for a little it would play good for like 15 seconds then start chopping

Looks like the card read rate is too slow or your computer and or video card can't keep up. If you can try to play the file on another faster computer. To rule out the card copy the file to your hard drive, if it's the same it probably your computer, but could also be a too slow wright rate of the card. You can test card read and wright speeds on many computers. Some companies ratings of cards is way off.

Last edited:
I am having same issue. I have changed settings in the Camera a couple times. I still get a chopped recording. I am now using the Litchi app to fly. Is it possible that having both apps (DJIGO APP) not open together but on my tablet be an issue?

I am having same issue. I have changed settings in the Camera a couple times. I still get a chopped recording. I am now using the Litchi app to fly. Is it possible that having both apps (DJIGO APP) not open together but on my tablet be an issue?

No. I have four Apps on my iPad.
What are the settings on the camera? One of the more common problems is having the shutter set to high speed; the graphics card cannot handle it. Mine was set to 60 fps out of the box and that resulted in choppy video. I reset it to 30 fps and that solved it.

are playing direct from SD card or have you copied to hard drive
if on hard drive and still choppy it IS the pc not up to the task...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl