Choppy video on playback

Reaction score
Hi again,

I know there are probably many links to this, but, I've not found them. Again; I know I'm doing something wrong, but:

Can someone help me understand why the video file I just copied off the mini SD card in the drone is SOOOO choppy? Barely watchable. What setting have I not set, or what do I need to do to have a nice smooth flowing video?

Thank you.

Jay

If you're recording in 4k, the normal reason for choppy playback is that you don't have a powerful enough computer.....try recording something in 1080p and see how that plays.

Hi again,

I know there are probably many links to this, but, I've not found them. Again; I know I'm doing something wrong, but:

Can someone help me understand why the video file I just copied off the mini SD card in the drone is SOOOO choppy? Barely watchable. What setting have I not set, or what do I need to do to have a nice smooth flowing video?

Thank you.

Jay

We need more info, what res did you record, what kind of card, what kind of computer. Many things could account for it

Reactions: flyboy73
Could also just be you have it set to a high frame rate, your payback device can't handle it. Out of the box, mine was set to HD at 60fps and the very old graphics card on our PC couldn't handle it - very choppy playback. I reduced it to 25fps and it's fine.

Thanks all. I went out and got a SanDisk Pixtor 64GB micro SD XC card and it is Class 10 (SanDisk - Pixtor 64GB microSDXC Class 10 Memory Card - Gray/Red ).

No idea what resolution I recorded in and I am trying to look at the video on an older laptop, but, I will try my Surface with Windows 10. I will play with the recording section and find a better 'speed'.

Thank you!

Your going to need to pay attention of what res you shoot, 4K eats up a LOT more room on a card compared to 1080. And depending on your computer you might not even be able to play 4K. My 2011 MBP simply does not have the power to play 4K let alone trying to edit it. My 2015 is no problem at all

UPDATE: I downloaded the video to my "work" laptop with Win10 and it is flawless. Thanks all!!!!

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4