Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Chopped some leaves/branches - close call

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by phantomized, Nov 4, 2015.

1. phantomized

Hi

A few days ago I was trying to get up close to the top of a tree but it was really difficult to gauge my distance. I got really nervous when I seen leaves and branches being chopped up and I just wasn't sure what to do so I decided that a climb would be the best way out of there. On the way up clipped some more branches and she was fine. I landed and had a look. Appears only two propellers did the trim job and no damage to the propeller.

Attached is a picture.

I have replacements from DJI but everything looks fine to me, do you guys think its fine to just use them dirty or do you think some damage was done, perhaps to the balance of the propellers? I took it out for another flight and it seems fine. I am so thankful the propeller did not break as it was at least a 50 foot fall if it did.

+1 for DJI making some sturdy propellers that's for sure!

2. mick

I took off the other week close to the hedge and it was windy, next thing the bird was wrapped solid in it, twigs and leaves flying until it wrapped itself tight and then I killed the engine, pulled it out, shook it upside down and straight back up, and my blades were green, so as long as they are not cracked im sure everything will be alright

3. phantomized

Hopefully no motor damage either, as I highly doubt they were meant for chopping leaves

4. mick

No, ive flown it 4 or 5 times since, and absolutely perfect.

5. rockydog

No need to use them dirty....sponge and washing up liquid doe a great job.

6. phantomized

It happened during this shoot.

7. Arvidj

similar happened to me. i was flying too close to a tree and got stuck in it. the phantom tried to keep straight but was pushed down and ended up upside down in some bushes. wasnt a hard fall though, and everything was fine apart from some stains on the props and top of the phantom. i was afraid i had wrecked it but its flying good