Chirp sound

Reaction score
Yesterday I took off props to run some batteries down after about 10 minutes of running one motor made a chirping sound it did this about two or three times during the 40 minutes of running the battery down. Ran second battery down it did the same thing it would appear to start and restart I would estimate like a 10th of a second.

Anyone else with experience like this and what could be the problem. Should I replace motor and can I replace motor with stock motor so matches with the other three. On the third battery it did it just one time.

I'm thinking that the motor might be OK. My guess is that without the prop fitted, perhaps the shaft is not sitting correctly
i.e. not up against the trust washer. Try running with the prop on- craft secured to the bench!

discv said:
.....Try running with the prop on- craft secured to the bench!
And that allows a little speed up and saves time getting those batts down to where you want them.

I will try that putting prop on and see if it makes that chirping sound. (sounds just like a bird) Phantom 2 is relatively new maybe 40 flights. Yes normally I would run batteries down on the bench on vacation traveling in the car,

Thanks for the response and just wondering if anyone else has ever heard that chirping sound?

Yes, after opening up P2 and drying after a water crash I had unplugged the esc boards to dry underneath. When trying to fly, one arm chirped and motor would not start. After resetting plug it ran fine. Its an electronic chirp intented to signify something I guess but no clue what. It may be temp, overspeed, volt/amp problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers