chinese knockoff phantom hardcase

Any more reviews?

I ordered a chinese $60 fabric case off eBay. Been an excellent case so far. I think all these other case manufacturers believe because we shelled out $1000+ on a Phantom, we would have no problem shelling out $300 on an overpriced case.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Me too, i think only ppl who travel a lot need better cases. Most ppl just need a case for transporting the phantom in the car to the field etc.. You dont need a 200 dollar case for that.

Knock offs are bad and i never buy them but i can understand ppl here in case of that backpack. i understand that many ppl are angry because dji refused to sell the phantom3 with a backpack

Last edited:
I got one- paid $80. Shipped to US in - little over a week. I'll use this for local travel, or once I'm on location. It's a great portable case. I have a pelican case for checking the Phantom at the airport. The case is fine- I can see getting stuck in the rain with it-but I certainly would not think it could be submerged. Think backpack- with a hard shell on one side. I don't know how the "official" version is manufactured (although this one looks identical in every way) but if I paid any more than $100 for this, I wouldn't feel too happy. The case is fine, and the P3 is light- so I think it will be ok- but the zipper does not inspire confidence for long term use.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439374655.172395.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439374676.772868.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439374705.073104.jpg

Reactions: witold
I ordered a chinese $60 fabric case off eBay. Been an excellent case so far. I think all these other case manufacturers believe because we shelled out $1000+ on a Phantom, we would have no problem shelling out $300 on an overpriced case.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Haha - spot on

They look like a **** good knock off. If I hadn't already bought the DJI back pack I would have paid half price and got that one.

I ended up buying a real DJI Hardshell Case for €200 and I have to say the case is great but not much space in it, you can fit all the essentials perfectly but no space for a charger???

I think this is very silly after " the amount of time " put into designing the backpack... We will need a charger to bring too ye know!!!

I ended up buying a real DJI Hardshell Case for €200 and I have to say the case is great but not much space in it, you can fit all the essentials perfectly but no space for a charger???

I think this is very silly after " the amount of time " put into designing the backpack... We will need a charger to bring too ye know!!!
I too have the official DJI one and easily fit the charger in?

thats the case i got for free with my phantom when i bought it from Unique Photo. (they were running a special during an expo) its not bad. i had to cut out my own area for a tablet and I'm using the snap on prop guards (i launch from a boat around people a lot) and they guards are a bit awkward in the inside pocket but it all works ok. I had to take a butane lighter and remeld the areas by the motors where the prop guard mounts sit but that was easy and most people wont need to do that. The quality for the price is pretty good but the motor threads pushed through the top foam pretty quickly but they are still protected. I've heard some people complain the straps broke off but so far mines been pretty good. One day i'll spend some money on a hard backpack or wheel case but for now this one holds everything and is quite manageable.

Erider

Is there a case that i can put the phantom in without taking the props off?

Is there a case that i can put the phantom in without taking the props off?

Yeah, I got this one which is great: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XM39PTE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

You can carry the P3 with props on, the remote, extra batteries, charger, tablet, etc. It's a nice case that acts as a carry on as well. You can't put it in with prop guards although I've seen ones that can do that. I just bought quick release prop guards. They give me the option of using them or not.

Reactions: Itay
thats the case i got for free with my phantom when i bought it from Unique Photo. (they were running a special during an expo) its not bad. i had to cut out my own area for a tablet and I'm using the snap on prop guards (i launch from a boat around people a lot) and they guards are a bit awkward in the inside pocket but it all works ok. I had to take a butane lighter and remeld the areas by the motors where the prop guard mounts sit but that was easy and most people wont need to do that. The quality for the price is pretty good but the motor threads pushed through the top foam pretty quickly but they are still protected. I've heard some people complain the straps broke off but so far mines been pretty good. One day i'll spend some money on a hard backpack or wheel case but for now this one holds everything and is quite manageable.

Erider

nice I might just get this .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20