Chickened out several times today

Reaction score
I had several plans to do some short flight from a couple parking lots. In one it was to the side of all the buildings (out of the way) to get some shots of the interstate, which is always clogged on the weekend. No plans of flying above it at all, but ended up not doing it. The second plan was to do a quick night shot at a supermarket - taking off from a bank which would be closed at that point. Just wanted to get a HDR shot and hopefully a quick time laps of taillights.

In both cases, there were more people around than I felt comfortable with. It wasn't so much that I thought I'd end up hitting something or being unsafe, but more worried that I'd have people coming over asking what I was doing - either just curious or paranoid.

Am really getting sick of flying around the neighborhood and high school.

Have you thought of wearing some really scary clothing, or perhaps dressing like a bum looking for a handout? Being a bit facetious of course.

Time lapse of taillights would indicate night flying?

night flying is the best

I know what you mean. Last week I flew from a scenic parking pull-off on Mount Lemmon. There was no one there when I took off (Thank god), but then several cars pulled up and pretty quick people were asking me questions. It turned out to be a positive experience and I explained the Phantom and showed them the view on the tablet. They all left thinking it was pretty cool.

But, for me, the flight was a waste because I was not able to concentrate on my objective and my attention was distracted at critical times. Maybe you made the right choice? Maybe people would have thought what you were doing was cool, but you would have been too distracted to get good video?

It's always a guessing game when the general public shows up ...

I also tend to stay away from where people are going to come around and start asking questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least with the phantom you can let go of everything and it'll hover. On several occasions I've been flying my race quad and had dogs try chase it. Talk about having to hold it together!

Reactions: Sabalon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues