Cheerson CX 10

Reaction score
A few days back I was looking for any suggestions for a small quad for a guy that has been sick with Lymes disease for over a year. Terrible disease. Anyway he is improving slowly with a lot of different treatments.
So I ordered a Cheerson Cx 10 nano quad and prop guard with extra props.
The thing takes off fine and you can control it but yesterday it started spinning while flying. Only did that once. This morning I took it out in still air. About three times it just dropped to the ground. A couple of other times, it had erratic glitches while flying. This happens when less than 20 feet away. Anyone have one of these and experience this? This has no camera or wifi. Came with small controller.
I bought this with idea it would help to keep his mind active and keep his motor skills in order. But if this is the norm for them, it just might lead to frustration.

Too be quite honest with you. Those cheap RC controllers are garbage. The most economical method of buying low cost drones is BNF. Yup, bind and fly to a Spektrum DX6i or similar inexpensive controller. Now you can purchase several small quads and bind them to the same radio. They all fly the same, or very similarly, and you only have one RC to deal with.

If you can return or exchange that Cheerson, it would be beneficial, as it sounds defective from its manufacturer.
The circuit board seems the likely culprit.

RedHotPoker

Too be quite honest with you. Those cheap RC controllers are garbage. The most economical method of buying low cost drones is BNF. Yup, bind and fly to a Spektrum DX6i or similar inexpensive controller. Now you can purchase several small quads and bind them to the same radio. They all fly the same, or very similarly, and you only have one RC to deal with.

If you can return or exchange that Cheerson, it would be beneficial, as it sounds defective from its manufacturer.
The circuit board seems the likely culprit.

RedHotPoker
I viewed a lot of videos and it seemed to be decent. Most reviews were good. This was not for me. I have 6 quads, 3 helis, and planks. I don't really need anymore yet.

No I meant them, only for your good friend, in slow recovery.
Having a couple of different models would give him big mental encouragement to engage more with them. If laughter is truly the best medicine, learning to fly should be number two. I love it so much.
Helps & Keeps me young. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I recently decided to purchase the Cheerson CX-20 just as a starter to play around with. While researching found that this would have to be registered with the FAA due to the weight. I got the CX-20 in and am looking for the Serial number sticker but can't find it anywhere. I checked battery compartment door, belly of the Quad, the box, and even the wrap that it came in (outside shipping bag) just to see if it may be there even. Any suggestions where else to look to find this so I can legally fly this?

And remember, you are registering yourself, and not the drone - i.e you put the same registration number on each drone you own if you have more than one....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31