Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Cheerson CX 10

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Monte55, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Monte55

A few days back I was looking for any suggestions for a small quad for a guy that has been sick with Lymes disease for over a year. Terrible disease. Anyway he is improving slowly with a lot of different treatments.
    So I ordered a Cheerson Cx 10 nano quad and prop guard with extra props.
    The thing takes off fine and you can control it but yesterday it started spinning while flying. Only did that once. This morning I took it out in still air. About three times it just dropped to the ground. A couple of other times, it had erratic glitches while flying. This happens when less than 20 feet away. Anyone have one of these and experience this? This has no camera or wifi. Came with small controller.
    I bought this with idea it would help to keep his mind active and keep his motor skills in order. But if this is the norm for them, it just might lead to frustration.

2. RedHotPoker

Too be quite honest with you. Those cheap RC controllers are garbage. The most economical method of buying low cost drones is BNF. Yup, bind and fly to a Spektrum DX6i or similar inexpensive controller. Now you can purchase several small quads and bind them to the same radio. They all fly the same, or very similarly, and you only have one RC to deal with.

If you can return or exchange that Cheerson, it would be beneficial, as it sounds defective from its manufacturer.
    The circuit board seems the likely culprit.

RedHotPoker

3. Monte55

I viewed a lot of videos and it seemed to be decent. Most reviews were good. This was not for me. I have 6 quads, 3 helis, and planks. I don't really need anymore yet.

4. RedHotPoker

No I meant them, only for your good friend, in slow recovery.
    Having a couple of different models would give him big mental encouragement to engage more with them. If laughter is truly the best medicine, learning to fly should be number two. I love it so much.
    Helps & Keeps me young. ;-)

RedHotPoker