Checklist and Flight Log Feedback

Reaction score
I am new to the community, this is my first post and I do not have access to one... yet. I will be receiving a "training" drone, the Syma X1 this week and my colleague and I will be getting a DLSR PRO Cannes Kit in a few weeks (hopefully!).

As a Multi-Engine Instrument rated Private Pilot I crave checklists, procedures and logs of activities. I've scoured the forums, this one and others for information and much of it is good. I've attempted to take the best information from all sources I could fine and put them into an interactive Google form. (reference links to my source material are in the form) This checklist and log is what I would like feedback on. Ideally I can avoid any major changes after I begin using the form so my data remains organized and archived.

Please check out the form and let me know if you think I've missed anything major, which I'm sure I have since I have 0 hours of flight experience.

Also I'd be happy to share the core of the form or discuss what I've learned with anyone interested. I hope this is useful to others and I'm happy to share it freely.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12qNys2 ... 2635618806

Sweet! Obvious your a pilot. I'll fly with you anytime.

Jeff_PittPS said:
I am new to the community, this is my first post and I do not have access to one... yet. I will be receiving a "training" drone, the Syma X1 this week and my colleague and I will be getting a DLSR PRO Cannes Kit in a few weeks (hopefully!).

As a Multi-Engine Instrument rated Private Pilot I crave checklists, procedures and logs of activities. I've scoured the forums, this one and others for information and much of it is good. I've attempted to take the best information from all sources I could fine and put them into an interactive Google form. (reference links to my source material are in the form) This checklist and log is what I would like feedback on. Ideally I can avoid any major changes after I begin using the form so my data remains organized and archived.

Please check out the form and let me know if you think I've missed anything major, which I'm sure I have since I have 0 hours of flight experience.

Also I'd be happy to share the core of the form or discuss what I've learned with anyone interested. I hope this is useful to others and I'm happy to share it freely.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12qNys2 ... 2635618806
I think I would have he phantom at the RTL position prior to connecting the battery and starting GPS lock.
Otherwise very detailed, great!

I am currently working towards my PPL and have been an aviation junky so I know what you are talking about when it comes to checklists and log books. My Phantom Vison 2 Plus just came in a week ago so I am still revising my checklist procedures but I already keep a very detailed flight log I based on my real pilot log book. I am a Mac user so I made it in Numbers and generally edit it out in the field on my iPhone.

Rizzo Media Factory said:
I am currently working towards my PPL and have been an aviation junky so I know what you are talking about when it comes to checklists and log books. My Phantom Vison 2 Plus just came in a week ago so I am still revising my checklist procedures but I already keep a very detailed flight log I based on my real pilot log book. I am a Mac user so I made it in Numbers and generally edit it out in the field on my iPhone.

While I'm an old PPL myself, I don't get quite into that detail (flight logs), as I'm also an old RC guy and we never did that. However, checklists were a part of the process of getting an RC plane prepped and ready to fly, so that much I do.

The primary reason I am doing a flight log is to show a track record of safe flying for clients, insurance or any other reason I may need.

Thanks all for the feedback and support. I had my first training flights with the X1 today. It was not as easy as it looks but fun and I learned plenty! All I can say is I'm glad it wasn't a phantom upside down in the garden.

mb_guy Thanks for noticing that. I've adjusted it.

I have a DSLRPros Sundance Kit and I can assure you a checklist is going to easily memorized once you start actually flying and become familiar with the equipment.
In the biginning you'll use it... Maybe.

Here's what i do in this order...
Transmitter On
Gopro On/Recording
Phantom On-perform calibration
FPV Monitor On
CMC start and you're flying

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member