Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Check your gimbals!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RVD98072, Jan 30, 2016.

1. RVD98072

I usually keep my drone in the trunk of my car. I try to fly during my lunch break at work if it's not raining, etc. I just pull the batteries out and charge at my desk, etc. and put everything back in my car.

Today since it's the weekend, I brought my drone into the house. There were a few maintenance type things that I wanted to do such as use zip ties to secure my gimbal guard, update the firmware on a new battery, examine props, do an IMU and gimbal calibration, etc.

I was surprised to notice that 2 out of my 4 clips for my gimbal were gone! I guess they must have fallen out but I have no idea when. I never noticed it until now.

Time to add "check gimbal" to my pre-flight and post-flight checklist.

2. Illina

They only come with two on them.....cater-cornered. I usually put zip ties in the other two but not pulled very tight.

3. RVD98072

Good idea. I'll put zip ties on the other 2. Whew...

Seems a bit dangerous to only have 2. What if 1 falls off (cold weather causes a crack in the plastic, etc.)? Seems like if 1 were to fall off, it'd be pretty weak with just 1 more holding it up. I like the idea of the loose zip ties to hold the gimbal just in case.

#3 RVD98072, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    Reed L likes this.
  4. plasrobin

Good advice, thanks

5. IftiBashir

I also used to use zip ties with my P3P - I preferred to use them rather then the clips....