Check this out!!!

Reaction score
Anybody heard of Mercalli V4 SAL+ from ProDRENALIN? I got to try it out and I gotta say I'm very impressed. Goodbye jello, hello nice smooth videos! Now I can show off my crazy manual mode flying and not give people headaches from all the shaking! Here's a side by side comparison video of that school flight I took a while back. Looks much better huh? Oh, and here's the website so you can try it out yourself. http://www.prodrenalin.com

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYQn2QzRyx4[/youtube]

I actually think this is a great way to get steady video without having to get a gimbal. Plus if you have an older phantom it won't kill your flight times. I bet if you used a gopro, you'd give those P2 users a run for their money! ;)

That sure helps quite a bit. Question..why is there so much shaking to start with? I have the P1, Gopro, and no gimble and I never have that much shaking. Was it terribly gusty that day?

Monte55 said:
That sure helps quite a bit. Question..why is there so much shaking to start with? I have the P1, Gopro, and no gimble and I never have that much shaking. Was it terribly gusty that day?

Yea, I actually think it was a pretty windy day when I took that, nothing the phantom couldn't handle, and not bad enough to worry about, but it was enough to make for a very shaky video. I was just trying to get some footage of the area around the school with that one.

It looks like the camera may have been loose in the mount. The shakes are short and fast and I doubt the quad could shake that fast. I have the Hero 3 white gopro and it fits a bit loose in the holder that comes with the quad. A business card cut down and used as a shim fixed that.

NICE FIND KITARI

That is cool and a half.

dmmico said:
How much you pay for this app.?

Not an app, it's video software you download to your computer to edit your videos after you take them. You can try it out for free here https://www.prodrenalin.com/mercalli-v4-sal-plus/ or buy the full version for $239. It's very nice to have if you don't have a gimbal. They have some other cool software on their site as well.

kitari said:
......it's video software you download to your computer to edit your videos after you take them. You can..... buy the full version for $239. It's very nice to have if you don't have a gimbal. They have some other cool software on their site as well.
IF it really can take the left video and make it like the right one, not bad. NOT a cheap program, but much less than an RPG. Even with the RPG you still need a good editing program.

Long term, I think a 3D gimbal would pay for itself. Am I wrong?

PhantomFanatic said:
Long term, I think a 3D gimbal would pay for itself. Am I wrong?

I think gimbals make videos much smoother than any software including this one, however, with this software, you can drop the extra weight for longer flights, so I guess it depends on what you're wanting to do with it. I think it would be a better alternative for P1/fc40 pil...(cough) operators though.

tcope said:
Wonder how this compares to what Youtube does for free.

I've never had much luck with youtube's software. It seems to bring the quality down more than I'd like it too, but this one seems to make it look much better. The price is kinda high, but I could see it being justified for people who don't want to lose flight time by using a gimbal.

I tried Defisher software by ProDRENALIN which removes the fisheye efect from both videos and photos. I'm currenlty using trial version of Mercalli V4 SAL+. Yes, the results are real and amazing.

p.s: I have a Vision 2 with Rotorpixel. Even though I am happy with its unedited results, making them even better with software doesn't hurt.

ciguli said:
I tried Defisher software by ProDRENALIN which removes the fisheye efect from both videos and photos. I'm currenlty using trial version of Mercalli V4 SAL+. Yes, the results are real and amazing.

p.s: I have a Vision 2 with Rotorpixel. Even though I am happy with its unedited results, making them even better with software doesn't hurt.

I wondered about that. I'm flying the same rig and think I need to investigate... :D

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers