Check out this new Gimbal

Fair play to this guy. That concept looks fantastic and well thought out. I'd want to have a fail safe for the 'clip in' personally cause temperatures and tolerances can cause 3D printed clips to be somewhat sketchy and no one wants their Hero falling from the skies if the board glitches out and shakes it loose.

If it proves successful to the people that buy it then I hope someone with a mass production setup can take it on and get the price down a bit.
My worry with anything like this is that the creator will, of course, have the best intentions in the world to share his creation and sell it to make a bit of cash. The issue though is the backlash that may come from a home designed/manfactured product like a Gimbal (with £350 hard earned camera lashed too it). Customer service is enough to consume a persons free time. Jay of Firebug OSD (FBOSD) was a prime example of this... from the back and fourths I had with him it was clear he was a really nice guy and desperatley wanted to make a mass production product for the masses but testing, customer problems and massive demand made it impossible to sustain the project.

Its also actually $440 for the Phantom version so with the likes of AeroXcraft, Tarot and Arris I think he's gonna have his work cut out. Still who knows this one might do ok and as a fellow designer I really hope it does.

I purchased one for my Phantom. I spoke with the developer and feel comfortable with the purchase. I should have it today.

I will post once it has been installed and tested.

flasharps said:
I purchased one for my Phantom. I spoke with the developer and feel comfortable with the purchase. I should have it today.

I will post once it has been installed and tested.

I stumbled across this designer's gimbal for the Phantom and am curious if you've had a chance to install and test it? It appears to be a well thought out design but there's little if any feedback (that I can find on the web) regarding how well (or poorly) it performs in flight. For the price point advertised, I wouldn't feel comfortable buying one without a good number of endorsements backed up with some actual in-flight video's.

In the video he mentions a "flat plate USB to the Hero".

Where does a person get such an animal?. Google seems to bring up everything but what he describes.

Eric

ethover said:
In the video he mentions a "flat plate USB to the Hero".

Where does a person get such an animal?. Google seems to bring up everything but what he describes.

Eric

This looks like the page: http://www.rcmanchild.com/rcmc-phantom-gimbal.html. The gimbal chassis looks a bit rough like it just came out of a 3D printer, but hats off to him for his ability to design this stuff. The price is too expensive, though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik