Check out this guy's near miss with RTH

If traveling with the Phatom, following like these guys we're doing change the failsafe method to just land, or set home home point to RC :). Home should always be where YOU are near. If you leave home, you asking to Phantom to bail on you if something happens like this.

One thing I dont understnad is he says he has "no control" and cannot override RTH. This is not true, you dont need the pilot app to fly. Hold the RTH button to override it and fly manually. The app crashing as well should not have triggered RTH. The more I think about this video the more confused I get.

This is why it's so important to set RTH height. This could happen if you go behind a building and loose contact. It will smack into the building if RTH isn't set high enough.
Yes and remember were your flying! I had mine set at 100ft but flew from river bank up over hillside to film a home of a friend had to go to 220 ft to get there and then descended into his yard to about 40ft .I then got a weak signal indicator and it flashed in my mind oh crap Im set at 100ft which 90% of the time is great and above th trees, but here it would just become a hedge trimmer. I rocked up and got signal back but I rest height then and there. So remember always update if you go up hill:oops:

As far as I can tell the process just reverts it back to whatever version your tablet came with originally.
Correct. It reverts back to the version that was built into firmware (removes and patches/updates).

Is there any idea of what version breaks this?

Also, what about newer devices/OS's? I have android M developer preview 2 on my nexus but haven't tried it with the pilot app yet.

I wish RTH on new firmware be clever so it could aviod tree like this.

It is! Just set the RTH altitude high enough to avoid everything in your flight zone. These guys just got luckier than they deserve.

Regarding the OP suggestion that they buy a lottery ticket, I think they just won about $1400 on life's lottery. lol

Reactions: bobmyers
Correct. It reverts back to the version that was built into firmware (removes and patches/updates).

Is there any idea of what version breaks this?

Also, what about newer devices/OS's? I have android M developer preview 2 on my nexus but haven't tried it with the pilot app yet.

the version i mentioned earlier worked. very smooth

Makes my RTH near miss look pretty weak.

When my Phantom went behind an oil rig it lost controller signal and initiated automatic Return To Home. Luckily, the structure was just shy of my Return To Home height -- you can see the quad rise up a couple of feet before heading back to me. I thought she was a goner.

The P3 does have avoidance sensors on the bottom and possibly they effected the flight????

I'm sorry I really have to ask if you can put this theme song into your video.

Weird, on my original Phantom 3 box there is a red rectangle. Inside of it they printed 18+
Just because it says "Ready to Fly" on the box doesn't mean the owner is ready to fly! (borrowing the tagline from one of our members) :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jbundy63

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20