Check out the radio

Jax Quad said:
I can't wait to get one of these new HX-3's. I just spoke with the owner of the company (they are very friendly and seem like they will have quality customer service) and he said they are looking at an April/May release. This machine has everything I need, I like the look and it will be my next step up from my Phantoms.

That's the way to do it. Get in early and connect with the top.
I bet DJI started out that way too, until Phantom blew the market up (and blew up in their face, backlogging their limited staff).

Not sure why some of you are getting skateboards. Weird.
I am in the U.S.
I clicked on the link I first posted and it takes me to the flyingeyes site with the quad and radio on it. It also has a link to watch a video of some "dancing" quads.

Jax Quad said:
I can't wait to get one of these new HX-3's. I just spoke with the owner of the company (they are very friendly and seem like they will have quality customer service) and he said they are looking at an April/May release. This machine has everything I need, I like the look and it will be my next step up from my Phantoms.

I'd say that the nicest thing about this platform is it can hold something larger than a fisheyed action camera. Has the 6 vs 4 rotors for a little fault tolerance should a motor fail. And also that incredible flight time they're estimating. It's way out of my price range though but by the time I may be in the market for one a second or third gen version may be out so it will be a better overall experience then early adopters.

Also I'm thinking people are giving DJI a bit too much flack. Many new products these days all have issues. And the issues that DJI products have had (included now fixed problems) are a bit blown out of proportion and made to seem way more wide spread than they truly are based only on reading negative posts from people in forums. Also don't forget that the loudest voices in these forums are from people with problems (sometimes user related) versus those with none and having a good experience with said products.

I'm anxious but skeptical. I've already spent that much on a hex that won't have nearly the payload capacity or flight times advertised for the HX-3. But, if it all turns out to be legit, I'm sure I'll put my name on the list soon enough.

BenDronePilot said:
Jax Quad said:

I'd say that the nicest thing about this platform is it can hold something larger than a fisheyed action camera. Has the 6 vs 4 rotors for a little fault tolerance should a motor fail. And also that incredible flight time they're estimating. It's way out of my price range though but by the time I may be in the market for one a second or third gen version may be out so it will be a better overall experience then early adopters.

Also I'm thinking people are giving DJI a bit too much flack. Many new products these days all have issues. And the issues that DJI products have had (included now fixed problems) are a bit blown out of proportion and made to seem way more wide spread than they truly are based only on reading negative posts from people in forums. Also don't forget that the loudest voices in these forums are from people with problems (sometimes user related) versus those with none and having a good experience with said products.

Too much flack ? They are ignoring their customers. You can never give too much flack for that. They need more flack and louder. They need to learn now and fast before they are overtaken.
As far as issues go. Yes they will happen but many of these issues are glaring. The main issue that I have is with the camera and it's low grade resolution but even worse is the blurred corners. I wouldn't doubt if all of them have this issue. Some people just don't notice these things. Or they just got into this and never had a better camera to compare to.

I believe every post I have read thus far has said that after returning their camera and receiving another they had the same issue. Why would you not check it before returning it to the customer? As far as all of the other issues with the Vision, I haven't flown mine too much since I got it but we will see when the weather breaks and when I get some hours on it. I bought mine directly from Amazon. So apparently my money don't mean crap to them because I didn't by from a proper retailer. So if they did get some decent cameras in, where do I go ? I am stuck with this crap. So forgive me for buying from only the biggest online retailer in the world!

When I received my first Phantom back when they were first released, I saw Apple. In the boxing, presentation, all of the white, etc. now I see Apple even more because of the way they ignore their customers, always leaving them in the dark and even denying there are even issues. I kind of believe they are trying to model Apples business ways. They see that Apple succeeded after their early breakthrough products that now they just need to create lifelong fanboys and you too can succeed even if you ignore them.

I may be shooting here but that was my first impression when I got my first Phantom.

I have Apple products but I will never step foot in their forums ever again. That is the most pathetic place on the net. Don't you dare say anything against them. You will be verbally pummeled to no end.

If people don't yell loud enough they will continue their way.

Also by posting a competitor here and their and displaying grievances just may light a fire under their butts. If not oh well and who cares. I don't. I have no problem buying someone else's product if they offer better quality and customer service. Even if it costs a bit more.

Yeah they have massive problems on their website.
Hope their UAV's are better than their Website.
But they look great, and the radio Wow.

gunslinger said:
That got me there, Leo. Thanks a bunch...

The first vid is of a smallish quad. The other vid and homepage are of a hex copter... They both look pretty awesome...

-slinger

Not a problem.. I think the flyingeyes.com link only works within USA for the time being.

Too much flack ? They are ignoring their customers. You can never give too much flack for that. They need more flack and louder. They need to learn now and fast before they are overtaken.
As far as issues go. Yes they will happen but many of these issues are glaring. The main issue that I have is with the camera and it's low grade resolution but even worse is the blurred corners. I wouldn't doubt if all of them have this issue. Some people just don't notice these things. Or they just got into this and never had a better camera to compare to.

I believe every post I have read thus far has said that after returning their camera and receiving another they had the same issue. Why would you not check it before returning it to the customer? As far as all of the other issues with the Vision, I haven't flown mine too much since I got it but we will see when the weather breaks and when I get some hours on it. I bought mine directly from Amazon. So apparently my money don't mean crap to them because I didn't by from a proper retailer. So if they did get some decent cameras in, where do I go ? I am stuck with this crap. So forgive me for buying from only the biggest online retailer in the world!

When I received my first Phantom back when they were first released, I saw Apple. In the boxing, presentation, all of the white, etc. now I see Apple even more because of the way they ignore their customers, always leaving them in the dark and even denying there are even issues. I kind of believe they are trying to model Apples business ways. They see that Apple succeeded after their early breakthrough products that now they just need to create lifelong fanboys and you too can succeed even if you ignore them.

I may be shooting here but that was my first impression when I got my first Phantom.

I have Apple products but I will never step foot in their forums ever again. That is the most pathetic place on the net. Don't you dare say anything against them. You will be verbally pummeled to no end.

If people don't yell loud enough they will continue their way.

I totally agree, and that' why that I in I made this thread http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6157 where I have have suggested that all of us should stick together because we will stand way stronger, but it seems like people in here give a ****.

Looks amazing, I have a feeling that I will own one of these HX3s...eventually. The PV is a good training platform for me.

Sledge said:
Looks amazing, I have a feeling that I will own one of these HX3s...eventually. The PV is a good training platform for me.

I have been thinking the same thing... Use the P2V to get a true understanding of what I can do and what I WANT to do... then either, 1) build a longer (FPV) range, longer flight time FPV UAV with High Quality video and photo abilities including Autonomous flight abilities or 2) Buy a RTF version of item 1...

I like the looks and its outstanding (supposed) specs..

But it looks big and doesn't seem to be easily disassembled for transport... and with that price tag, it has to be aimed at professional or extreme hobbyist.

I hope they make one the size of Phantom, with proportionally good specs.

Got this from an enquiry.

Thanks for your enquiry. In case you might be interested, we do have http://www.C-GO.com cameras compatible with ST24, to use as a forward looking FPV camera. The maximum payload is 2000g / 4.4lbs but the effective/optimum payload is 1600g/3.5lbs so you can fit the Compatible SONYRX1,Canon5DII/III Cameras (GB1000) and Sony NEX 7, Panasonic GH2,3 Cameras (GB500) Effortlessly. The HX3 features our latest FlyingEyes BRUSHLESS Gimbal called the GB1000.

The anticipated price:

HX3 Price
FEHX3K0001ARF Flying Eyes HX3 carbon composite frame, undercarriage legs, 6 x Motor, ESC, Blades USD 2199
FEHX3K0002RXR Flying Eyes HX3 carbon composite frame, undercarriage legs, 6 x Motor, ESC, Blades, FC0+ Flight Control System USD 2999
FEHX3K0003 Flying Eyes HX3 carbon composite frame, undercarriage legs, 6 x Motor, ESC, Blades, FC0+ Flight Control System, 6S4400 LiPO & AC Charger USD 3199
FEHX3K0004 Flying Eyes HX3 carbon composite frame, undercarriage legs, 6 x Motor, ESC, Blades, FC0+ Flight Control System, 6S4400 LiPO & AC Charger, GB1002 Two Axis Gimbal USD 4199
FEHX3K0005 Flying Eyes HX3 carbon composite frame, undercarriage legs, 6 x Motor, ESC, Blades, FC0+ Flight Control System, 6S4400 LiPO & AC Charger, GB1003 Three Axis Gimbal USD 4699
FEHX3K0006 Flying Eyes HX3 carbon composite frame, undercarriage legs, 6 x Motor, ESC, Blades, FC0+ Flight Control System, 6S4400 LiPO & AC Charger, GB1002 Gimbal, ST24 Tx & SR12P Rx USD 5699
FEHX3K0007 Flying Eyes HX3 carbon composite frame, undercarriage legs, 6 x Motor, ESC, Blades, FC0+ Flight Control System, 6S4400 LiPO & AC Charger, GB1003 Gimbal, ST24 Tx & SR12P Rx USD 6199

Options
FECC4N1 Flying Eyes 4 in 1 Camera Control unit USD 349
FEQX2KCASE Flying Eyes QX2 Aluminium Carry Case USD 299
FEHX3KCASE Flying Eyes HX3 Aluminium Carry Case USD 399
FEGB500 Flying Eyes GB500 Gimbal 2 axis, suit Sony NEX 7, Panasonic GH2,3 USD 799
FEGB1002 Flying Eyes GB1002 Gimbal 2 axis, suit Sony RX1, Canon 5D II, III USD 999
FEGB1003 Flying Eyes GB1003 Gimbal 3 axis, suit Sony RX1, Canon 5D II, III USD 1499
If you were reading the 'Options' list above, you might be wondering about our QX2, which is an excellent value for the technology you'll have in your hands.

QX2 * Retail Prices shown without tax USD
FEQX2K0001ARF Flying Eyes QX2 Frame, undercarriage legs, 4 x Motor, ESC, Blades USD 749
FEQX2K0002RXR Flying Eyes QX2 Frame, undercarriage legs, 4 x Motor, ESC, Blades, FC0 Flight Control System USD 999
FEQX2K0003RTF Flying Eyes QX2 Frame, undercarriage legs, 4 x Motor, ESC, Blades, FC0 Flight Control System, 6S4400 LiPO, AC Charger, ST12 Tx, SR12P Rx USD1499
FEQX2K0004 Flying Eyes QX2 Frame, undercarriage legs, 4 x Motor, ESC, Blades, FC0 Flight Control System, 6S4400 LiPO, AC Charger, ST12 Tx, SR12P Rx, GB500 Gimbal USD 2249
FEQX2K0005 Flying Eyes QX2 Frame, undercarriage legs, 4 x Motor, ESC, Blades, FC0 Flight Control System, 6S4400 LiPO, AC Charger, ST24 Tx, SR12P Rx USD 2699
FEQX2K0006 Flying Eyes QX2 Frame, undercarriage legs, 4 x Motor, ESC, Blades, FC0 Flight Control System, 6S4400 LiPO, AC Charger, ST24 Tx, SR12P Rx, GB500 Gimbal USD 3469
The projected launch date of the HX3 is April/May.

Please feel free to add your email to our mailing list to receive updates about Flying Eyes by Yuneec Technology and to receive the notification when we are accepting pre-orders. We're happy to assist you in any way. Contact us any time.

Best regards,

Mark

http://www.FlyingEyes.com

And that my friends is how $3K goes north of $6K.

I will certainly be watching this platform as they seem to be pushing the envelope. I am very skeptical of the 45 to 90 minute flight times (in the real world). Keeping >4lbs aloft with six motors on a 6s4400 battery for anywhere near 90 minutes would be pretty efficient use of power and some very special props.

themosttoys said:

I will certainly be watching this platform as they seem to be pushing the envelope. I am very skeptical of the 45 to 90 minute flight times (in the real world). Keeping >4lbs aloft with six motors on a 6s4400 battery for anywhere near 90 minutes would be pretty efficient use of power and some very special props.

Agreed it will be interesting how this unfolds.

If "If's and But's were Candy and Nuts it would be Christmas everyday".

themosttoys said:

Agreed. I think they are extremely optimistic about their flight times…

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic