Check out the radio

slicknet said:
It will only be a matter of time and sooner than you think... our DJI contollers will be like a rotary phone compared to the latest cell phone.

You are correct. But even more so, the Phantom platform may totally fall to the wayside as other manufacturers keep coming online. I don't link to many competitors but they are growing fast and some are pretty impressive. DJI had better get their act together because the relatively inexpensive personal UAV geared for the everybody market is about to get much larger and fast.

From now forward DJI had better do a 180 with their support, quality control, and design or they will be stomped and end up a brief historical launcher of this level of the personal UAV.

I don't think they will be able to do it. They are failing miserably in my eyes now. The biggest being lack of support. Even if they did have an A1 product, which they certainly don't, lack of support kills it for me. At this point in time I will not buy another one of their products. I am seeing too many cool ideas coming out.

Don't get me wrong they could have a good thing here but I don't think they know how to manage it. Keep your eyes in the skies because you will be seeing more than the Phantoms. Wish I had reason to be a fanboy of these but there is too big a list complaints that prevents it.

Nvr2fst said:
http://flyingeyes.com

Ummm... Skateboard????? :? :? :? :? :?

gunslinger said:
Nvr2fst said:

Skateboard ? If you are talking about its size, it's not that large. I would rather have everything built in a well designed Transmitter than what many are doing by putting pounds of gadgets hanging all over the radio making it front heavy and unwieldy.

Interesting. I first came across Yuneec when they were putting together an electric-powered light aircraft and subsequently microlight (now on sale I believe). Their motors should be **** good from all that experience which might explain the efficiency they've dragged out of them.

The only thing I would say is it looks very cool, but also a bit menacing - a bit too close to what the general public think a spy/government drone would look like. It's one of the reasons I like the Vision - it looks a lot less "threatening" if you know what I mean.

Still, if I was a pro AP or AV or was a production company that spec and price is very attractive.

Funny.

When I go to www.flyingeyes.com it redirects to www.e-go.com (The E-GO CRUISER by Yuneec Technology, is the future of Personal Electric Transportation. With its lightweight, eco-friendly operation, you can go miles for a few cents.)

Must be some crossed wires somewhere :)

Nvr2fst said:
gunslinger said:
Nvr2fst said:

Skateboard ? If you are talking about its size, it's not that large. I would rather have everything built in a well designed Transmitter than what many are doing by putting pounds of gadgets hanging all over the radio making it front heavy and unwieldy.

Ummm... no. When I click on that link I get to a new motorized "skateboard"... :D

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
Try going here and selecting from their product list: http://yuneec.com/

Simon:

I keep getting re-directed to the skateboard. Can you actually get to the drone? I've tried two browsers here, I'll try from another PC as well...

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
Hmm, wonder if it's only showing to people in Europe? I did get a popup when I first visited saying it thought I was in Europe and spoke English, I haven't had it since though.

Could be something like that. It's not my PC and I know it's not the network here. I'm the Network Manager and can check into such things... :D :D :D

Nvr2fst said:
slicknet said:
It will only be a matter of time and sooner than you think... our DJI contollers will be like a rotary phone compared to the latest cell phone.

You are correct. But even more so, the Phantom platform may totally fall to the wayside as other manufacturers keep coming online. I don't link to many competitors but they are growing fast and some are pretty impressive. DJI had better get their act together because the relatively inexpensive personal UAV geared for the everybody market is about to get much larger and fast.

From now forward DJI had better do a 180 with their support, quality control, and design or they will be stomped and end up a brief historical launcher of this level of the personal UAV.

I don't think they will be able to do it. They are failing miserably in my eyes now. The biggest being lack of support. Even if they did have an A1 product, which they certainly don't, lack of support kills it for me. At this point in time I will not buy another one of their products. I am seeing too many cool ideas coming out.

Don't get me wrong they could have a good thing here but I don't think they know how to manage it. Keep your eyes in the skies because you will be seeing more than the Phantoms. Wish I had reason to be a fanboy of these but there is too big a list complaints that prevents it.

Nvr2fst,
Thank you for the link! I couldn't have said it better myself! I think DJI developed an incredible concept, but have failed miserably on the execution. Their QC and Customer Service is non-existent. Even if they are able to turn things around immediately, I think the damage is done. I will be watching for the reviews on the FlyingEyes. One thing I can thank DJI for is to NEVER be an early adopter of something like this. Best to wait a few months to iron out the major issues.

I can't wait to get one of these new HX-3's. I just spoke with the owner of the company (they are very friendly and seem like they will have quality customer service) and he said they are looking at an April/May release. This machine has everything I need, I like the look and it will be my next step up from my Phantoms.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj