Cheapest tablet that'll be flawless with the Phantom 3 Pro?

Reaction score
My 2013 Nexus 7 is still choppy with the P3P despite fresh restarts and turning on airplane mode and being on Marshmallow.

At this point I just want something that works flawlessly, but I don't want to spend too much money for the latest iPad.

I need something that'll work out of the box with a standard DJI sunshade as well, so I figure an iPad of some sort? Which one?

My 2013 Nexus 7 is still choppy with the P3P despite fresh restarts and turning on airplane mode and being on Marshmallow.

At this point I just want something that works flawlessly, but I don't want to spend too much money for the latest iPad.

I need something that'll work out of the box with a standard DJI sunshade as well, so I figure an iPad of some sort? Which one?
I have the IPAD Air 2 and it works well as long as the outside temps do not exceed 95 degrees F-- It will start lagging and flickering in hot weather or direct sunlight. Flawlessly may be a tall order -- but most of the recommended devices work well.

My 2015 Nexus 9 is great with the P3P although it hot weather in the sun, as others have said, it will be not so great (like 2fps at worst!). I think "flawless" may be a bit optimistic.

Go with the iPad Mini 2 currently selling brand new for $200. You can probably find a used one cheaper and if so I'd recommend you get the cellular version for the added GPS support. No need for any data plans either. Good luck in your search!

What's the connection between cellular and GPS? It's it that the non cellular iPad doesn't have GPS built into it? I'm also looking at iPad mini.

Why this huge attraction for Apple? I see to read of more people having probs with updates causing signal loss etc than I see with Android.
The Nexus 7 is pretty old now - newer models so much better.

I'm running with a 2013 Nexus 7 as a dedicated tablet, and couldn't be happier with it. No, it's not flawless, but it's not let me down yet and the brightness of the screen is its biggest plus.

Reactions: 4wd
I'm using Ipad Mini4. It works perfectly with my P3P. Also I've tried Iphone 6 once. Again, no problems whatsoever.

I'm having no problem with the nexus 7 2013. I run it as a dedicated tablet and use it for nothing else. Keep the memory lean and mean.

Reactions: Wacker2611
I used my mini 2 (now for sale) with good luck and now have a mini 4. If I want wifi I tether to my iPhone. If I want GPS I use my Dual XPS-150 that I used to use in my plane (since upgraded to a model with ADS-B.) It all works great and I don't miss not having GPS in the device.

Was surprised with the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 considering its price. I use it as a dedicated drone tablet, so no crap bogging it down. Seemed to tick the boxes for me with being newish, quad core processor, good ram and good price. $200usd from Amazon http://amzn.to/1XRqS2c

My Samsung works much better than my more expensive iPad mini 2, which I find struggles especially when it gets hot. I live in the tropics so it is always hot.

I previously ran a Nexus 7 and it was only ok. Was a great tablet, just think it is getting a bit old now. I purchased the Samsung when I dropped my Nexus and smashed the screen. Was a good upgrade.

i've been using an iPad Mini 2 with Cellular.. it's flawless so far, and you can score one for around $250 on craigslist (as ATT is giving them away for $100 to new iphone customers - who then want to flip them)

I have the Galaxy Tab S2 8" and haven't been able to make it connect to my radio control. I have installed the latest firmware updates on both the remote control and on the Phantom 3 profesional, reinstalled the DJI Go app, activated the USB debugging and nothing it just does not connect. Any one else is having the same problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.