Cheapest Sim card/Service for GPS Trackers

I got a t-mobile card for $.01, they were on sale. Usually I think about $10.
Once you have it, the service is about $10 for 3 months (depending on what plan you purchase, but why would you buy more?), not bad for the piece of mind.

Btw, in case the device you buy does not have an IMEI (like my TK102B) number to activate the card, just call in to t-mobile and explain the device does not have one listed on it and they will assign an IMEI to the card for the activate... whether I explained that right or not, you get the idea.

T-Mobile pulls $3.00 a month from your account. 10 cents for text message to the unit and 10 cents for it to tell you where your quad landed. Good, cheap plan. To get my T-sim working I picked up an AT&T GoPhone, unlocked it and activated the sim in the phone. Pulled it and placed in tracker. Works good.

10 cents for text message to the unit and 10 cents for it to tell you where your quad landed
When your quad tells you where it landed, what does the text look like? GPS coordinates? Is there an app that plots the location on a map? Sorry for possibly dumb questions. I've got no experience with GPS trackers.

Happyflyer said:
T-Mobile pulls $3.00 a month from your account. 10 cents for text message to the unit and 10 cents for it to tell you where your quad landed. Good, cheap plan. To get my T-sim working I picked up an AT&T GoPhone, unlocked it and activated the sim in the phone. Pulled it and placed in tracker. Works good.

How do you get a plan from T Mobile for only $3/mo? How much data does that include if I wanted to use it with Flytrex?

CYeutter said:
10 cents for text message to the unit and 10 cents for it to tell you where your quad landed
When your quad tells you where it landed, what does the text look like? GPS coordinates? Is there an app that plots the location on a map? Sorry for possibly dumb questions. I've got no experience with GPS trackers.
There is an app but I never could get it to work. What comes up on my phone is Google Maps and the location is indicated on the map.

sbarton said:
Happyflyer said:

How do you get a plan from T Mobile for only $3/mo? How much data does that include if I wanted to use it with Flytrex?
It is a pay as you go plan and has no data. So I would have to guess it would not work with Flytrex if it needs a data connection.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl