Cheap Way To See If FPV is for me ?

Reaction score
Hi I have heard varying opinions of the pros and cons of FPV flying as was wondering would the following give me a true test and experience of FPV. Is it possible to place my iPhone 6 Plus into a set of goggles and experience FPV? Am I right in saying this will mirror the experience you get with looking at your iPad on the holder etc. I would also appreciate your thoughts of FPV in general

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can get the FPV app, you still need google cardboard or another device that can hold your phone but yes, you can try that out. A lot of people like it, unfortunately I have an iPhone 6 Plus and just don't wanna pay the 30 dollars to get the iPhone 6plus goggle holder.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So what set of goggles or fatshark will work by just plugging them into the HDMI output of a phantom 3 Pro....

I think it would be more popular if the Go App offered cardboard compatable fpv.

So plug and play (view) no instillation on P3?
What is a safe distance...1.5 miles?

You need the HDMI board on the controller it self. You also need Mini HDMI to Micro HDMI cable. When ever you get from the remote controller you will see on the FatShark.

Sweet......and thank you.

Still OK at 1.5 miles?

Last edited:
If one wears glasses for up close work will the goggles be compatible with glasses...is it more difficult to see.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj