Cheap tablet?

Reaction score
Have a question guys...
Do you have to have an expensive tablet to fly a standard? I have seen alot of cheaper tabs on the market and it would only be used for piloting.. What do you guys use?
Also people talk about cache maps? does that mean for instance i can load up a map of say my suburb then zoom in etc and then when i goto wifi for the fpv it will save it? Also do you have to have phone credit to fly?
Cheers.

Have a question guys...
Do you have to have an expensive tablet to fly a standard? I have seen alot of cheaper tabs on the market and it would only be used for piloting.. What do you guys use?
Also people talk about cache maps? does that mean for instance i can load up a map of say my suburb then zoom in etc and then when i goto wifi for the fpv it will save it? Also do you have to have phone credit to fly?
Cheers.
You could get a cheap tablet from GearBest or Banggood, or you could get a Fire Tablet from Amazon.

Reactions: Mr Comfy
I have an older tablet that refused to work with dji, way too slow. I would say a cheaper tablet could run the app but just may be a little slower (choppy) feedback on the screen. Yeah caching is just pulling up the map in the app while connected to wifi at home and looking and zooming I where you are going to fly and it does save it, up to 2 gb I believe. I use a galaxy tab s2 9.7 and love it, very lightweight.

Reactions: Mr Comfy
use niveda shield works great cost $199

I use a Hisense Sero8, added a 32gb micro sd. I use it to fly my P3S and for real time telemetry when racing my RC cars. Great tablet for the money.
Cheers,
Shawn

Chances are if you buy a cheap tablet you'll realize later it has some short-coming that you wish it didn't have.

Just sayin'
Yes, you get what you pay for. I wanted something dedicated to RC, so my Ipad was out. Heard good reviews for Hisense and the few specs which were not up to a more expensive tablets standards would not affect the RC requirements. Satisfied so far.
Cheers,
Shawn

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl