Cheap props

If you are talking about non-GPS quads I see your point (although the one in your picture looks otherwise). But how a beginner can crash a GPS located quad is beyond me. Take off straight up, put it above the tree line and, if you get disoriented, let go of the controls. Now, when you think you are good (read "cocky") I can see getting into sticky situations. The bottom line is, since this is a P3 forum, any talk of damaged props means a very real possibility of a damaged gimbal and/or camera - a much costlier issue.

These do have GPS, but many of the newbies do get cocky because they're easy to fly and when they come in to land, they hit fences and trees and everything else because they loose orientation.

For the even more cocky newbies, I use the equivalent of ATTI mode and let them feel the quadcopters at low altitudes. And when they crash, I tell them it could easily be $1000 Phantom 3 they are crashing. I tell them they must first understand the UAV before tossing money out the window. Some listen, some don't.

But since this is a Phantom 3 forum, here's a video:

Thanks guys, especially DGiitalchaos for your views. It appears that very few people would risk it and to be honest neither would I without the reassurance that others had done it without incident first.
I have gone through about 3 sets in approx 7 months one of which was damaged on a flip over and the other was vibrating more than I liked - maybe try balancing them.

Reactions: DGitalChaos

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj