Cheap props

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1453847903.290549.jpg

Has anyone tried these, they seem great value, maybe to good to be true?

I don't suggest using knock-off props. The props are a vital Phantom component. Stick with OEM props.

I certainly don't want to be the first but if others are using them without issue then I may be tempted at some point, who knows they may come out of the same factory?

Some people just like to learn the hard way ;)

Reactions: robsquad
kirk2579, only $6 per pair is much more than the knock-offs above.

Reactions: robsquad
How about a $6 set of brake pads or retreaded tyres for $10 each... why take the risk? Arguably up there with the most flight critical components.

Reactions: Cale262
A small price to pay given the amount we paid for our copters. Is saving five or eight dollars worth risking seeing your bird fall from the sky? Not me, no thanks.

Reactions: Pommo
I bet those things would induce a helluva vibration.. Even genuine DJI props are unbalanced, imagine what knockoffs must be like.

No one here it seems has had good luck with 3rd party props. As was mentioned earlier, please be sure to record your flight if you decide to go for it. Truthfully, why try to save a few pounds with such a costly device. Your asking for trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Pommo
Do not get these for the Phantom 3. These are not the nylon threaded ones and they WILL come off in flight. I bought some for my Phantom 2 and they are WAY out of balance and will make your Phantom fly erratically.

I tried these on my Phantom 3 after balancing them, and one flew off as soon as Phantom 3 started up. Fortunately, the Phantom 3 tests something when starting up when it speeds up and slows down the motors.

I think the OEM units are fairly inexpensive already and the two sets that came with my P3P were even very close to perfectly balanced. I bought two spare sets (4 sets all together) when I bought my P3P and I'm still on the original set ~30 flights later, how many times do you really need to replace them that the ($7pr-CAD) OEM price isn't completely economical?

Reactions: DGitalChaos
I buy the cheap props for my other quadcopters i built, so that I can teach others to fly before they purchase an expensive quadcopter. They crash these all the time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 10.24.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 10.24.23 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 282
Are there people out there burning through props? I am certainly not a prolific flyer, but in 50+ flights I have not come anywhere close to putting a prop in jeopardy. So paying $14 for a backup set is not an issue for me.

My Phantom 2 Vision Plus (V3) has over 60 hours of flight time, with the original props.

If you're careful with your UAV, these things will last a long time. If you're more daring, then they will break!

I buy the cheap props for my other quadcopters i built, so that I can teach others to fly before they purchase an expensive quadcopter. They crash these all the time.
If you are talking about non-GPS quads I see your point (although the one in your picture looks otherwise). But how a beginner can crash a GPS located quad is beyond me. Take off straight up, put it above the tree line and, if you get disoriented, let go of the controls. Now, when you think you are good (read "cocky") I can see getting into sticky situations. The bottom line is, since this is a P3 forum, any talk of damaged props means a very real possibility of a damaged gimbal and/or camera - a much costlier issue.

Reactions: Cale262

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20