Cheap props

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased some cheap carbon fiber props from china. Comparing them to the stock props, they looked
identical in shape pitch, ect.. Upon mounting them on the Dji Phantom, it was flying crazy and almost uncontrolable.
I immediately took them off and re-mounted the stock props, and am chalking this up as a loss for being cheap.

Any recommendations and are the 9x5 Graupners good or GWS 9050 worth purchasing?

Id avoid graupner style props as they are designed for higher rpm then what a phantom gives it and so lift isnt great out of those. If your running a heavy setup with gimbal fpv etc then trying some 9 inch phantom 2 props or the gws 9050 tris I am still using may be your best option.

If your flying fairly minimal weight setup stock 8 inch dji props or similar will do you fine but for any props its best to also buy a good balancer and make sure they are balanced to give you the smoothest flight possible. With the dji integrated nut props I dont know how they can be balanced but they are supposedly pre balanced and most seem to find they fly quite smooth. Any other aftermarket props need balancing, if changing props the onky reason to do so is for better flight performance or longer run times due to more lift so any props doing worse then stock phantom props is pretty pointless IMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic