Cheap props?

ExtraKim said:
Well since the DJI Phantom 2 battery are:
1. Original DJI
2. Expensive
3. Of questionable quality
4. Dead long before the 300 cycles that DJI claim

Looks like DJI tries to make as much money off of me as possible, then the criminals might be DJI ? ;)

* Before you get mad, take a look at the smilie.

No, I'm not mad. Yes, people have had problems with the batteries, but the retailers at least are honoring the warranties on them. (I don't know if retailers are having trouble getting DJI to honor warranties or not, that's a different issue.) Try to get counterfeiters to honor warranties and chance of success is likely to be zero.

Not sure what's up with people making or not making 3rd party batteries. Not sure if there's a design patent (that is, a patent on the industrial design or form/shape of the battery, not the technology) that makes it difficult or not, but it seems like a decent 3rd party manufacturer could design their own compatible battery for one of these things. Maybe nobody wants to do it because they don't want to get blamed for any crashes. (Drone crashes with any third party anything on it and DJI will probably try to say its the fault of the aftermarket add-ons even if it isn't. Might not be true for rotor guards but probably if there's ever a 3rd party battery involved.)

Further update to my original post...
Have now purchased a Prop balancer and double ended shaft to suit the P2 blades. I have purchased another 60 cheap props from china and have found them to be no worse off balance than my DJI props are. YES people, DJI original props are NOT perfectly balanced as some people think.
Its not hard to get the props to within 99% perfect. It just takes a little time. The main problem that both the original and china props suffer from is that the HUBS are out of balance. I am now at the stage where I have managed to balance 24 china props perfectly (99%) close enough for most.

I have flown my bird many times with these props to run tests and have found that they have improved flying quality, much better response times while flying and smoother motors (no vibrations at all) and the main improvement is all 4 motors sound exactly the same where as before you could always hear one working harder then the others while hovering.
I am now in the process of selling balanced props to locals here in Australia. (this is not an add) I have had no complaints at all from anyone.
not trying to convince others to buy them, just sharing what can be done when one has time to kill.

You purchased 60 props?? What the heck do you need that many for? I broke one on my first flight then I figured I would need a bunch so I ordered them. never needed more than one spare.

What Prop balancer do you use? I ended up buying two pairs of the DJI props on a sale. I haven´t used them yet and hopefully I won´t need to do it in the near by future, but you never know.

P.S All props are from China, even the once with the DJI logo ;)

Today I searched the Internet for DJI props for my P4P and I couldn't find any in stock, at least not easily. So what should I order instead? Thanks.

Why doesn't the OP just buy a couple of sets of props (from wherever since he clearly doesn't want to get DJI) and make a decent storage tube out of a a few plumbing pipes and blank ends? This should stop the horrendous damage to the props he is expecting.

My concern with aftermarket props is not about balance, vibration or noise. It is about durability. If you know anything about general aerodynamics, then you know that the props are required to support extreme loads without failing. Full speed in sport mode, yanking and banking at 45- 50 mph puts a ton of stress on the blades. Inferior plastic or composite blades break and quad copters don't glide......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers