Cheap Monitor Solution?

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a Phantom 2 with a H3-3D gimbal and GoPro Hero 4 Black attached, I've been flying for a while now and I think it's time for me to step up to get FPV onboard and I can't wait. I do really want the goggles but I've got other things my money needs to be spent on. So for the time being, I'm looking to get a monitor setup on a budget. I already have the mini iOSD. I think I just need a receiver and transmitter and of course a display.

I've been trying to educate myself and people say to keep away from 'blue screen' monitors? I'm guessing that means when it looses signal the screen will go blue? I've seen these type of monitors http://www.banggood.com/FPV-5_8G-7-Inch ... tAodClcAGg but I don't know if they are much cop. Anyone have any advice for something in this price region?

Thanks in advance for your patience.

I would suggest a monitor with a built-in receiver like the Boscam RX-LCD5802 or Black Pearl RC801.

dptcalvin said:
For the rest of the components you need for FPV, please see here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26413

great suggestion ;)

jjb4 are you starting from scratch or do you have components already? what displays you can use depend on what transmitter you get, different manufacturers use different frequency sets so that decides which displays you can use.

"no blue" receivers: think of it like analog vs digital.. with digital, as soon as there isn't enough signal for a solid picture, it just goes blank/blue.
"no blue" receiver is more like analog... means as the signal degrades, you'll get snow and the image will be hard to see, but it'll display whatever image it gets even if it's mostly snow. These receivers are preferable in FPV application so that you maintain your picture even when the signal starts to degrade. all the receivers linked in the thread and that people recommend here are no-blue.

Hi, in terms of FPV setup I only have the iOSD mini. I'm just unsure of the setup I should go with for a stable setup thats reasonably priced.

Thanks for both of your comments.

jjb4 said:
Hi, in terms of FPV setup I only have the iOSD mini. I'm just unsure of the setup I should go with for a stable setup thats reasonably priced.

TS353
Plug n Play cable
RX-LCD5802

Upgrade antennas when your budget allows.

Done.

dptcalvin said:
jjb4 said:

TS353
Plug n Play cable
RX-LCD5802

Upgrade antennas when your budget allows.

Done.

yea this is pretty much the most budget conscious setup, not counting antennas. The equipment dptcalvin recommends (I have the same) is easily a 2km+ rig with good antennas. If you want to cut a further corner there's a non-diversity display compatible with Boscam frequencies for around $80 (instead of $130-140 for the RX-LCD5802) linked in the stickythread

Thanks for all the replies, it's put me on the right track to finding a nice budget solution!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues