Cheap leaf antennas?

I ordered a bunch of my original FPV stuff from Banggood and also got a set of those antennas (1Tx, 1 Rx) and I have to say they're complete crap. granted I only had a 200mW transmitter at the time and was in an urban environment (more interference) but I was literally getting only 40 or 50 meters before the video was gone. I got equivalent possibly even a little better performance out of the stock antennas that came with the transmitter & receiver.

Certain aspects of FPV are worth cutting corners on to save $, imo antennas are not one of them. It's like tires on a car if you put shitty minivan tires on a sports car it doesn't matter how big your engine is you won't get good performance.

Spend the $40 or $50 to get a decent set, or if you can splurge $100 to get a really nice kit like this one which comes with an Omnidirectional for the transmitter, an omnidirectional AND circular helix pair for your receiver (you do have a diversity receiver, right?) you'll be a lot happier I know I am.

Thanks for the reply. My setup is exactly same as yours minus the antennas. What kind of range are you seeing from the mentioned antennas?

Thanks,

I too was NOT impressed with those antennas from Banggood. I threw them out and went with a set of BluBeam Ultra's which are leaps and bounds better.

U.M.

I'm using a diversity receiver so in addition to the BluBeam Ultra I also have a circular helix. I easily get 1800+ meters and still maintain a clear crisp color picture. I'm using a 400mW transmitter.

U.M.

afraid I haven't done any serious distance testing but my setup is rock solid out to at least 300m. FPVLR says there's folks with fixed wing aircraft getting over 10k with them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20