Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Cheap, half decent, case in the UK?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Brammo, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Brammo

2. jonboy73

Newcastle upon Tyne & Hindhead, Surrey UK
    not exactly cheap, but this is the case that many places re badge/de badge to sell at a higher price.

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rb...ert_no_1_5023_b_si/Qx@w,6M4PHS,ZGenkQvENLSUTh

a warning about roofbox, I ordered an orange one with back pack there and despite options like the back pack, or the orange case being available to order online, they are not in stock.

my "next day delivery" did not turn up so I called them, they apologised, said it was a problem they have with the stock levels on the website and they hadn't realised my order was next day.. they then sent it "next day before NOON" for free, a black case with no back pack arrived the next day at 4pm!!

It fits perfectly, seems very solid and the foam is easy to pick out to fit the vision perfectly. I am happy with it, but you may want to find another supplier...

3. jonboy73

quick point, the back pack is out of stock everywhere, so it's worth checking someone has it, even if it is on the website. mine is now on back order for delivery sometime in august.

4. happydays

Definitely won't fit a Plus. Fits a P2V and a P1. I have both and had to buy something else. I bought a backpack type one off ebay for about £60, everything fits well. Obviously not as tough as a hard plastic case, but easy to walk around with.

CBS

5. UKFlyer

I purchased the backpack from http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/ for my vision+, a bit on the expensive side at £115 but it is very well made and extremely comfortable to wear it was delivered next day with free postage, the foam is also precut.
    UKFlyer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkzpskyXQV0[/youtube]

6. jonboy73

Nice review UKFlyer,

I still think it is a bit on the steep side though, £70 would be my thoughts on vfm. I too thought that top was rigid, shame to see it isn't I think that might have tipped the balance for me.

happy flying jonboy

7. Brammo

Thanks for the replies

I'm still on the lookout for a hard case, if anyone spots anything then please post it here!

Cheers

8. noiseboy72

Try this: http://cpc.farnell.com/_/max505s-079/wa ... dp/SG33342

I have the orange one, but I think it is out of stock at the moment. Please check I have linked to the right size one!

I also have a custom made Tri-Fibre case, designed to fit the P2 with prop guards. This cost about the same, as they make to order. Not as strong, but protects the 'bird all the same!

9. Luap

10. EyesofCanadaGoose

CAD$65 with free shipping to Canada!? Ordered! Not a perfect one by looking at pictures and reading reviews, but... Also it is under flight carry on size limitations.

11. Brammo

Thanks for the link. It's a great price, I would be concerned about the lack of gimbal protection though... still, very tempting!

12. Brammo

Thanks. I took a look at the Tri-Fibre site and found http://www.trifibre.co.uk/max-ip67-rated-waterproof-plastic-case-with-foam-500x350x194mm.html

Do you think this would fit?

13. noiseboy72

Not sure.
    http://www.trifibre.co.uk/poly-cases.html Scroll down and the Orange one is basically the same as mine.

They do flex a bit, so no good sending via a courier or sticking in an aircraft hold, but to throw in the back of the car, they work very well. I have packed my gimbal out with some soft foam, so it sits on its own little nest :)

14. Brammo

Thank you

15. Keeper of Maps

I expect it has arrived, so I was wondering what your thoughts about it are? Worth ordering or should I keep looking?

16. EyesofCanadaGoose

It has not arrived yet. Free shipping to Canada is 7-20 business days.

17. easydubsit

waiting on my bag from banggood as well. Shipping may take some time tho. Can't wait to leave a review on it.

18. AnselA

Please do review.

19. Brammo

I ended up buying a B&W Type 61 hard case for £150 quid inc VAT - much more than I initially set out to pay, but it seems pretty good. I'm interested to hear how these backpacks are though, especially as I've seen them for £29 inc free shipping.

20. AnselA

Where?