Cheap goggle option for Vision

Reaction score
I ordered these off Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DAW0CAS/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just hooks up as a external display to your iphone. I'm sure the image quality isn't great, but it doesn't really have to be. Should be a simple plug and play. My thought is to have them down on my nose so I can see over them to keep an eye on the quad.

Connects with the 30 pin connector.

Can't try them until this weekend, so I'll report back then.

Thoughts?

Please do report back I've been waiting to pull the trigger on something like this as well

Hey wincrasher, I have researched those they wont work for Iphone 5 even if you have the 4-5 adaptor they said in a forum, but even if you have the iphone 4 I only think it is for video out I believe the wording is "wvm" Im not sure. I another case I hope it works that will be the best thing being that you dont have to add a fat-shark to my phantom 2 and have to zip-tie and velcro stuff on the machine also try to mount the external battrey and a camera on top of the pahntoms factory camera so you can see what the camers sees. If it works can you please call me 586-524-3450 let me know how it works, I will buy a itouch with wifi and the glasses you bought, I dont care about the cost I just want a clean system, fatshark I guess will be last resort. I will try to find the forum on those glasses and the questions that were asked and post the link on this forum you started. Thanks Justin Osen

I'm using an iPhone 4s - these glasses need the 30 pin connector (they are clear about that) - so they should also work with the older ipads and ipod touch.

I won't know until the weekend if these will work or not for what I want to do, so I'll report back then.

From what I've read, these should only work inside an app, not for the general display. I'm hoping, that since the DJI app is streaming video, they will work. The downside is you'll have to slip them off if you want to adjust the camera angle on the phone. Hopefully, the iphone still has it's display on while the glasses are attached. If it goes dark, that could be a problem.

If this doesn't work, then back to the drawing board. For $100, I willing to gamble on them.

That would be awesome if they work and the screen on the phone still works for the camera like you said, Like sunglasses as for puting them on and off your face to the top of your head isnt that bad, I take some awesome video and maybe watch it 2 to 3 times then get bored of the video, so I think just the first person view flying is the great part for me atleast, you can always just unplug the glasses and take the photos I would guess.

Update - they don't work with the iPhone 4s with IOS7 installed. Bummer, guess they go back.

I could get them to work with an iPad 1 with IOS5, but I'm not using that with the Vision.

Back to the drawing board.

wincrasher said:
Update - they don't work with the iPhone 4s with IOS7 installed. Bummer, guess they go back.

I could get them to work with an iPad 1 with IOS5, but I'm not using that with the Vision.

Back to the drawing board.

That sucks maybe I'll just spring for fat shark, and mount the camera on top of the stock camera

Or get a lighting to hdmi connector for your I device. Then a hdmi to composite converter. Then any fpv goggles will work with the standard camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meluk said:
Or get a lighting to hdmi connector for your I device. Then a hdmi to composite converter. Then any fpv goggles will work with the standard camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/

If we can find hdmi glasses then Apple has a hdmi converter on there Apple web site for the iPhone 5,

osen007 said:
Meluk said:

If we can find hdmi glasses then Apple has a hdmi converter on there Apple web site for the iPhone 5,

Isn't it amazing that Apple has for all intents and purposes crippled the iPhone 5 with its brand spanky new interface cable? Steve Jobs is currently spinning...

-slinger

Just saw these posted on RCFORUMS.COM they've been referred to on here before but these are the first productiopn type images ive seen

HDMI input so similar to the ZEIS C's and should work with Apple HDMI adapter PLUS DVR!!!

Specs posted are:
Presenting DominatorHD and DominatorV2. Available April 2014.
- integrated DVR
- HDMI in
- large FOV 45/35 (HD/V2)
- support 3D (HD version only)
- 43 channel support over 6 bands (1.3, 2.4, 5.8 Ghz)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=6385

Attachments

• 1617680_458163734310725_1297530764_o2.jpg
    1617680_458163734310725_1297530764_o2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 478
gunslinger said:
osen007 said:
Meluk said:

Isn't it amazing that Apple has for all intents and purposes crippled the iPhone 5 with its brand spanky new interface cable? Steve Jobs is currently spinning...

-slinger

Doubt it, they make a fortune for their over priced non-standard kit. What about using a cheap Android device?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic