Cheap Gimble for Phantom 2 Vision from Ebay ???

I got two Gimbals now from goodluckbuy.
The carbon one that I couldn't get to work .
And this one.
file.php

So I used some parts of the carbon (simple bgc borad, screws to hold camera on mount, 7th channel ).
And I must say I'm very happy with initial results.
Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62n6sJoeJ18

Luap said:
I got two Gimbals now from goodluckbuy.
The carbon one that I couldn't get to work .
And this one.

So I used some parts of the carbon (simple bgc borad, screws to hold camera on mount, 7th channel ).
And I must say I'm very happy with initial results.
Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62n6sJoeJ18

Hi, good to hear the gimbal might do its job. Tell me what is the final weight of the phantom with it? Thx

Here is some actual flight footage taken with the gimbal.
Some dog confused my phantom for a frisbee!
Anyway, both survived - you'll note I have some shaking (not sure whether it was due to the close encounter) - any suggestions as to what I could do to remove it?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xDk6EQkhrM[/youtube]

The gimbal with electronics weighs 197grams

Has anybody got the tilt to work with the 7th channel?

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, can anyone tell me the difference between the below gimbals? one controller is smaller, does anybody have it working? The written specifications are same. I dont trust these goodluckwhatever gimbals. However the price is tempting just to try it. No serious instructions and specifications given. :?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 547
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 538
I bought mine from goodluckbuy.
When I ordered it picture was as per your top picture.
When I received it the board was per the bottom picture!
It does have a pitch and roll connection but no pins coming out.

I'm using another board on the gimbal.

tpinfo4 said:
Has anybody got the tilt to work with the 7th channel?

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Yes I got it to work - don't know which board you are using though.
Have you already done the 7th channel "hack"? Note this doesn't work anymore with latest firmware.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7973#p64758

Luap said:

In other words the delivered board does not work at all? It does not apear as SimpleBGC moreover the tiny version is still not out (what I understood). Is it some fake copy or what?

Luap said:

In other words the delivered board does not work at all? It does not apear as SimpleBGC moreover the tiny version is still not out (what I understood). Is it some fake copy or what?

The delivered board works (picture below). I use it as a steadycam for my GoPro but have not tested the rc pitch so can't say for sure that that will. It uses the simple BGC v2.2b2 - Tested and working.
file.php

I've still got some slight vibrations in in flight video using the gimbal - I'm doing the screw mod on the dampeners - together with the earplug mod.
I think that will dial most of the vibrations out.

Naturally, you can go the rotorpixel or taco3d way and have more support if you have any issues.
But for me half the fun is setting up something that should work. All plug and play takes too much out off the hobby.
Part of the fun is tinkering!

For the money why not to try. I don't like the plastic Taco, you can break it easily. I'll focus on the new Aerial Freaks Cyclops gimbal. Looks rotorpixel quality but cheaper.

Odesláno z mého A1-810 pomocí Tapatalk

Luap said:
Yes the Aerial Freaks Cyclops gimbal looks really nice and not too heavy.
I don't want to be off topic but do you know it's weight? The good lucky one almost 200g is enough.

No but the bottom plate holding the camera seems to have less metal
vision1f.jpg

the top plate seems to be out of cabon or some sort of beige plastic depending on the picture you look at
vision1b.jpg

And the motor housings seem to be less massive - i'd say at least 20 to 30grams less.

The gimbal I use, 197 grams, takes out 5 minutes of flight time but it does cost 3x less!
sku_105105_1.jpg

Per dave21's post, I have a hard time thinking about getting one of these due to poor descriptions and no demo. I would think that they would post a video or instructions.

Then, I think I might consider buying one.

Just my 2 cents

Newbie here, so please be gentle. Great Forum and great user base. In fact I have been reading a lot on this forum, it is almost overwhelming, almost!

This thread is exactly what I am thinking about and researching so thank you for everyone one it. I have a Phantom 2 Vision, and was looking for one of two options. Changing out the exsisting "Vision" and replacing with a Gimble for a GoPro Like on Ebay, like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gopro-3-CNC-Met ... 35d861ec60

Or as suggested here by @Luap the upgrade to the current "Vision" gimble with something like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281319084755

Weighing out the pros and cons there are both sides of the coin. I like the gopro since you can actually use the camera for other things, but its an additional cost. I like using the exsisting Vision, since I already have it, and it was engineered with the system...

Oh the choices... :) Please let me know your feedback if you have experience or thoughts with either of them.

--tom

I wondering some of the things. I have a Phantom but no Gimble. I see pricing from $50.00 all the way up to $200.00 for a brushless one (without tilt). They all look fine and seem to be copies of each other. Any thoughts on what to do?

Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31