Yep you need to match the orientation of the rc and birdside will make a massive difference.
Imagine screwing two rh coils together there will be contact all the way down where as if you could screw a lh into a rh there would only be contact at certain points where the coils cross.
So does it matter if its RH or LH for the birdside when i do one since the 2.4 cannons are LH and RH?

So does it matter if its RH or LH for the birdside when i do one since the 2.4 cannons are LH and RH?
Experimenting is the best way to find out as it may have some benefits , but as ive learnt the matching is important.
With my helical i managed 3000' without birdside mod, i havnt tested with matched yet as im a little against opening up the a/c, but this will be the case soon im sure.
As db mentioned i would probably go for the oppisite to the 5.8, imo this is surely beneficial.

Last edited:
yeah ill test em on stock bird...I made a small 7 turn 5.8 and got 4600'...was pretty happy lol

Beautiful this morning ,no wind clear sky. I loaded up the truck ,had a hard time getting my homemade cell tower in the back seat. My bird wont fit in the case, transmitter wont fit in the case. put it all in the truck drove out to my spot in the country. And well you know it was all to easy, I forgot the dang batters.:confused:
I was so pissed at my self. Batters are in the case.
I think I might go back and try it again, the wind is lite and still early in the day.

Beautiful this morning ,no wind clear sky. I loaded up the truck ,had a hard time getting my homemade cell tower in the back seat. My bird wont fit in the case, transmitter wont fit in the case. put it all in the truck drove out to my spot in the country. And well you know it was all to easy, I forgot the dang batters.:confused:
I think I might go back and try it again, the wind is lite and still early in the day.
Teah that sucks Max!! You gotta go out again later!! My wife is charging my batts for me now so they'll be ready when i get home from work and i can try the 2.4 cannons with the 19dbi 5.8

Been there, it's a lot to get all the stuff packed up these days and I've forgotten props

Where do you get the cheap china antennas from?

I got all my gear loaded in the truck and went back to my spot, and had a 10mph wind.
My new panels, pared with the Max range are unstoppable.
I got the TP LINK 14 dbi. I really like them.
I am not sure where they are made, but the only thing in my way now is the battery.
I am going to have to shop for batteries.
I could only go 13000ft because of the wind.
But when I turn around to go home there was no interruption of the signal.With my CCP I had to adjust the panels to keep the signal good, but with these it is solid signal. I sat in my truck and never had to get out and adjust anything.

I got all my gear loaded in the truck and went back to my spot, and had a 10mph wind.
My new panels, pared with the Max range are unstoppable.
I got the TP LINK 14 dbi. I really like them.
I am not sure where they are made, but the only thing in my way now is the battery.
I am going to have to shop for batteries.
I could only go 13000ft because of the wind.
But when I turn around to go home there was no interruption of the signal.With my CCP I had to adjust the panels to keep the signal good, but with these it is solid signal. I sat in my truck and never had to get out and adjust anything.

Hey max how do you have all those wired up!!??!! Did you run sma splitters?? I wanna make sure i understood it right...so you have the tp links both of them hooked up to the maxxrange all together then tied in to the tx??

Hey max how do you have all those wired up!!??!! Did you run sma splitters?? I wanna make sure i understood it right...so you have the tp links both of them hooked up to the maxxrange all together then tied in to the tx??
From what I understood that's not possible. That it corrupts the signal.

Thats rite I have the Max range pared, as both sides fore video. Anthe panels pared for transmitter. Now here is the good stuff, I have transmitter boosted with 3 watt sunhans, and the panels and the max boosted with 2 watt sunhans. The power must be tremendous. I was flying with no interference at all. No mater how hi or how far. the panels were mounted at least 10 ft high. Also that comes to 24 dbi on each Chanel. Blows everything else out the water. I am in a new Territory. I need to do a battery mod to get , DB worried. I also need to do a test flight in my neighborhood. I have never gone more then 6000ft in my neighborhood. So this is the next step. Just waiting on the wind to die down. Dont fore get my bird is boosted to. 3 Watt on video side...
The 4th of July is not far, and I want to video as much as I can.
So any one got questions just ask. I have some to, but want to get what you guys think.
The TP panels are very good, but caust as much as Terminators.
I got to get me some battery's.
Thanks I am going to take a nap now. See you guys latter.

What me worry![emoji41] The only thing that worries me is that Tony, sorry I mean,"whichAntenna"is going to come after me again![emoji41]but since I haven't seen him much on this post, I think I'll just hang out over here with you guys and I'll be all right[emoji41]

What me worry![emoji41] The only thing that worries me is that Tony, sorry I mean,"whichAntenna"is going to come after me again![emoji41]but since I haven't seen him much on this post, I think I'll just hang out over here with you guys and I'll be all right[emoji41]
Lol

OK, (1) How are you running splitters?
(2) To me it seems obvious to amplify the video signal back. I also thought about bird side mods but kept hearing how they don't help.
(3) Not making a joke here, but since you are already using a big pole on your truck anyway, what about one fo these bad MoFo's right here 24dbi!!
71S3DqPCCmL._SL1500_.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj