I think it would only be a fair test to post results of a back to back after you replaced the cable since that could've been a factor in poor performance.
Absolutely, that's why I mentioned it, and I intend to. My next test will be a repeat of our original test with same birds, controllers, antennas, etc. The test after that would be the same tests but with signal boosters. Just waiting on it to cool down some and of course scheduling time with my buddy.

I think it would only be a fair test to post results of a back to back after you replaced the cable since that could've been a factor in poor performance.View attachment 58063
I only call it poor performance because I took the maxxrange and the terminator out those distances flying from inside the pocket in this photo which basically placed 100 houses between me and the bird. I thought for unboosted this was incredible and the subdivision full of Wi-Fi and houses. So would be interesting to see what you got with good cables. That was with controller 300B by the way

I have the same CCP and I did go 3 miles ,could have went farther but battery was getting low. I have some new panels to try now ,they where a little more expensive. I did my test with boosters.
I hope we can get some more DIY, on board.

Hey Seb yes please include your hand built in here with results and how you made it and materials if youd like to. I cleaned up the laird 5.8 19dbi and will be putting all together tonight.. i plan on using that boosted with the CCP's unboosted for testing trying different things on them. Heres the 5.8 all cleaned and straightened

Attachments

• 1466790684083.jpg
    1466790684083.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 584
  • 1466790704684.jpg
    1466790704684.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 624
Reactions: seb evans
For the guys with the CCP's, how was the signal? I mean was it strong then slowly drop off or did it go from strong to nothing at all?

Going to try these 2.4 cannons against them too...making another set with .0625" wavelength spacing as well so they should be shorter and stronger

Attachments

• 1466791178324.jpg
    1466791178324.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 516
Reactions: seb evans
Going to try these 2.4 cannons against them too...making another set with .0625" wavelength spacing as well so they should be shorter and stronger
So when are you goin into full production imo you are producing top quality looking antennas, there awesome very impressed

So when are you goin into full production imo you are producing top quality looking antennas, there awesome very impressed
Thanks Seb I appreciate that but im still learning. These are a pain in the a$$!!. I have a binder i put together with measurements and how tos and its not that easy..you know how it is...howmuch time you need to put em together and getting measurements right. some of it is still very confusing lol. I give these guys who build these and figure out how make them perform a lot of credit..test after test..taking apart, desoldering, resoldering, resourcing good materials. ..its crazy. I would love to start making and selling em but have a lot to learn still!

Thanks Seb I appreciate that but im still learning. These are a pain in the a$$!!. I have a binder i put together with measurements and how tos and its not that easy..you know how it is...howmuch time you need to put em together and getting measurements right. some of it is still very confusing lol. I give these guys who build these and figure out how make them perform a lot of credit..test after test..taking apart, desoldering, resoldering, resourcing good materials. ..its crazy. I would love to start making and selling em but have a lot to learn still!
Yeah there is alot of work and testing is deffinately the worst part with all the variables i was thinking of some way of being able to pinch the live letting you adjust the the space with plastic screws, but once you think you have the right spacing solder up to fix solid.
Maybe a little bit of tin tacked on either side /|\ <<< like this but obviously touching.
This obviously would only work on the panel antennas, helical ones alot more awkward.

Last edited:
Nice cannons. What made you decide to make them right hand. I mean if you're using a right-hand 5.8 you might want the 2.4 to be left hand

One is right hand and one left hand on the 2.4 cannons..the 5.8 is right hand

Reactions: dirtybum
From what i read and seeing the tests DB did with the standard i think i should do birdside antennas to get the most outta using the helicals

You can see better in this pic one being RH & LH

Attachments

• 1466805464388.jpg
    1466805464388.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 524
From what i read and seeing the tests DB did with the standard i think i should do birdside antennas to get the most outta using the helicals
Yep you need to match the orientation of the rc and birdside will make a massive difference.
Imagine screwing two rh coils together there will be contact all the way down where as if you could screw a lh into a rh there would only be contact at certain points where the coils cross.

Hey Seb yes please include your hand built in here with results and how you made it and materials if youd like to. I cleaned up the laird 5.8 19dbi and will be putting all together tonight.. i plan on using that boosted with the CCP's unboosted for testing trying different things on them. Heres the 5.8 all cleaned and straightened
Hay Pro, what are you getting for spacing?? I mean on the panels, what is the proper space. My CCP only have one piece of sticky foam, and I think 6 pieces would be good. I am not sure what the spacing is, . This is the top secret that you now who wont tell us. Thanks for any help and Ideas.
I may have to drop a line on IBcrazy.

Hay Pro, what are you getting for spacing?? I mean on the panels, what is the proper space. My CCP only have one piece of sticky foam, and I think 6 pieces would be good. I am not sure what the spacing is, . This is the top secret that you now who wont tell us. Thanks for any help and Ideas.
I may have to drop a line on IBcrazy.
From all i have read it looks like 5mm spacers might be the spot. I picked some up at walmart for 88 cents..its not exactly 5mm but **** close..the green stuff that was in there was 7mm but with the one piece part of the board was touching the plate

No harm in trying stock first! What you doing the double super Canon with the panel 5.8
Yessir!! All the tests im going to do with 2.4's, the 5.8 will be boosted..first i gotta compare the 19dbi 5.8 to the little itelite 5.8 and make sure its good!! Just finished the 5.8 now and the cover is drying

Attachments

• 1466813037223.jpg
    1466813037223.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 491
  • 1466813050574.jpg
    1466813050574.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 473
  • 1466813069374.jpg
    1466813069374.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 453

Recent Posts

Members online