Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Cheap BGC Gimbal clone mounting on Phantom 2 v2.0?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Mods' started by Cinetography, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Cinetography

Does anyone know where I can get a plate for one of those cheap BGC clone gimbals being sold on places like eBay and Aliexpress out of China? The mounting plate (the top metal plate that attaches to the vibration dampening balls) for the one I received doesn't line up with the threaded holes on the bottom of the Phantom 2 v2.0 shell, so as is, I have no way of attaching the gimbal to the bottom of my Phantom 2 v2.0. Any help is much appreciated!

[​IMG]

#1 Cinetography, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  2. Duke

Is there anyway that you can take a precision small steel rule measure and drill them?

3. Cinetography

Unfortunately no, the plate doesn't have enough material to drill holes in correct spots. Here's a picture: [​IMG]

For anyone else with a Phantom 2 v2 looking for the right plate, I ordered this one and it looks like it should fit the Phantom 2 v2, but I haven't received it yet, so I can't confirm. UPDATE: I received the carbon fiber-looking plate linked to in this post and the holes do line up with the Phantom 2 v2 no problem!

#3 Cinetography, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  4. Duke

The way you have the plate laid on the undercarriage of the Phantom it looks too far back, it needs to be moved forward. Also turning it 90 deg you may be able to catch those rails. Just a thought but I agree anything you order should fit if it said so on the Fleebay Listing. :cool: Hope ya get it worked out.

~Duke

5. Hellbound42101

Yeah i have one of the BGC and you have the plate too far foward. The long holes match up to the holes on the lower side (in your pic)

6. mattheuw1

Is this bgc gimbal really plug and play with the phantom 2 v2? I just ordered one and it should be here next week for my gopro3 black.

7. cubandrone

Hey man.... In the same position just use the bottom wholes and you'll be good to go, that what i did.... ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442454367.939738.jpg

#7 cubandrone, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  8. Tx121

whats the deal with getting this gimbal setup with the p2? i have both