Cheap battery on Bang Good

Just as a general practice with the regular LiPos we have for our hobby, I suggest you purchase a charger with an IR (internal resistance) meter built in or a stand alone IR meter (Turnigy makes a half descent one). With it you can measure the true C rating of the battery and monitor it as it ages. You want to measure it both when full charged and when discharged. Good quality LiPos will maintain their C ratings across the entire discharge range while cheap or dieing packs will show a drop in C rating. This is where a "soft" feeling comes from as you get towards the end of the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Hi Again, Not used the Overlander charger only the batteries for my old Phantom fc40 (F1) and planes, they are built over here in UK ,a different way to the Chinese batteries they use a stacking method supposed to be a lot better ? if anybody interested go on to there website www.overlander batteries its either .com or .co.uk, hey the suns out here in UK and 6.7c might have a little fly ?

Good thing about the clone batteries. If they hold up and it seems that they are. This should drive the price of DJI's batteries down to a more competitive price. This way the people that still want to purchase only DJI will still get some kind of price break. Have to wait and see.

I just flew 2000ft out and back with aftermarket battery , . It is a beautiful day today, sunny, 68 F. wind about 10 mph. Battery worked great. I was a little scared, this is the second flight. The first flight with this battery was just 8ft off the ground and 200 or so feet. I am thinking of getting another. I did not get a update warning.

Ha ha ha !!! Nah I have a p3p and a p3A so whatever is left if they both crash I'll try to Frankenstein a quad ha ha ha !!! Or maybe see if I can make an x8 p3 !!! Ha ha ha !!

My initial plans are this:
Step #
1) make sure battery is recognized by the AC
2) attempt firmware upgrade
3) drain battery down via flight sim and look for abnormalities
4) drain battery down via AC on but not actually flying and look for abnormalities
5) test at a hover 4-6feet off the ground (possibly try to rig something up to catch it if it fails)
6) if all these tests go well start with gentle flights and work my way up to normal flight if no issues have showed up by this point.

The main issue i see is the AC recognizing the battery properly & the firmware update. If these both work that means to me that the "smart" portion of the battery (which is the ONLY thing that makes these batteries remotely special) is functioning correctly. The cells in a DJI or non DJI battery are just lipo cells, nothing special, and potentially even made in the same factory.

And I figure everyone here is either a) crucifying anyone who wonders about another battery option or b) afraid to try it.

I have both a p3a and p3p so .... Time to use my p3a as a Guinea pig lol !! And then there will be a bit of actual proof rather than just keyboard warriors arguing.

Just my 2 cents.

I also would compare same test flying manoeuvers on both batteries by screen recording the battery voltage indicators in the app

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
I'm going to be using Bud Walker's dash ware setup to pull the info and get a little more detailed look at how they are holding up.
They are probably made in the exact same factory that produces them for DJI, it's all made in China.

I'm going to be using Bud Walker's dash ware setup to pull the info and get a little more detailed look at how they are holding up.
They are probably made in the exact same factory that produces them for DJI, it's all made in China.

P3P Canada I just recieved Banggood battery on Feb 19, Battery updated with no problem,hovered for 14 minutes every thing worked fine just like original 5 dijit serial #

P3P Canada I just recieved Banggood battery on Feb 19, Battery updated with no problem,hovered for 14 minutes every thing worked fine just like original 5 dijit serial #

Fantastic !!! I figured it would be perfectly fine. To actually test it though you need to do some actual flying with it if you feel comfortable. See how the cells hold with a drain / look for deviations / etc. did it show up as 4480mah or 4500mah ? Just wondering because that may be a quick way for DJI to tell it was an aftermarket battery.

Yeah I guess I grabbed one of the last few of that previous batch, because I went on to grab another one the next day and they were on pre-order.

Mines not in yet but will be soon hopefully !!

I like the idea of The Bud Walker dash board. Any idea if he has that software public. You should have a nice linear decline in overall battery voltage if all is well with the cells.

Fantastic !!! I figured it would be perfectly fine. To actually test it though you need to do some actual flying with it if you feel comfortable. See how the cells hold with a drain / look for deviations / etc. did it show up as 4480mah or 4500mah ? Just wondering because that may be a quick way for DJI to tell it was an aftermarket battery.

My experience with electronic, if the components of the clone passed your own stress test, a clone will performance like an OEM. In many cases, the clones out perform the oem, take action camera as example. How many of you tried the knock off and not buying the Gopro.

The Banggood.com batteries suck *** and Banggood.com refuses to honor warranty. Scam! Stay away if you value your money!

Before my battery got all 'puffy', I had substantial cell deviations and life of battery was in the 80 percentile range while the original DJI battery had minor cell deviations and still 90 + percentile range for remaining life.

Heed my warnng, stay away from the Banggood.com PHA-3 battery!

Reactions: flpholt
It sucks that it happened, but you should have complained with banggood immediately if the battery didnt balance out or reach full capacity from the start, not wait 3 months. I wouldnt even fly with major cell deviations, why take the chance?

In my experience, banggood are actually pretty reasonable with honoring warranty/DOA, even though I never count on it when I buy there. DJI also only provides 3 to 6 months warranty on its batteries (and no more than 200 cycles), this could have happened with an OEM battery as well, its not like they never fail.

And you are giving fatherly advice because you think I just was incompetent and never contacted them before? They have ALWAYS denied warranty. The puffing up was only the last straw. They were also contacted about it not being able to be used with the GO app and they said the same thing, "F you"...(not verbatim but the end result was the same).

Banggod does not honor their warranty. I don't know if you are a shill for them, but they won't even allow any negative reviews. They are removed after being posted. Why do you think the batteries have a 5 star rating? Because they are a SCAM!

Reactions: flpholt

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie