Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Cheap android device?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Cooter3690, May 5, 2015.

1. Cooter3690

Like many iOS users in getting impatient. Looking to buy a cheap android device that fully supports the DJi pilot app. I want something that won't lag either. Any suggestions out there?

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

A lot of people are using the Nvidia Shield. While not so cheap, it'll give you good performance. And, you could always sell it later on eBay and get a good bit of your money back.

#2 msinger, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  3. F6Rider

BestBuy was selling the Moto phone for $29, not large but it works, and once the IOS app is out it can be re-purposed as a music or video player. Other than that there is the Nexus 7 II (2013) that is available on ebay for around $150 or less.

4. F6Rider

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

F6Rider, that is cheap for a device that won't lag. I'm not sure it's possible to find a device that is cheap AND does not lag :)

bbfpv likes this.
  6. mvigs

I have the $29 moto g which does work but also drops frames. I have an iPhone 6 plus so not going to spend anymore on tablets! DJI chat just said to me that the iOS app has been re submitted again so at least another 3 days. I'm happy to use the moto g for a while but DJI better sort this quickly!

7. Pumpfixer

I picked up a samsung tab 7" for $150 at walmart. Works good now that I figured how to kill apps...

8. 4wd

4wd

I already have a MotoG and it works but is really too small you literally can' hardly operate all the functions.
    I've ordered a Refurbished Nexus 7 2013 version (from Argos in UK) and it was a little over £100
    I do have similar Sero 7 tablet by Hisense but I use that quite a lot for other stuff - and don't want it jiggling about in the case or accidentally left in the car when I wanted it in the house.
    A useful thing to have anyway. I really don't think the nviidia shield is required just so you might get 0.010 seconds less lag.
    It's an expensive gaming tablet and OTT to use as a monitor.

9. landmannnn

A used Samsung Galaxy tab 3 7" will perform much better than those low spec Chinese generics, won't cost you any more either.