Chasing a Train and Vertical Practice (P3P)

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll,

Just messing around with my P3P... First video I decided to drive to the outskirts of Tucson and try to capture video of a train. Well, the train approached so quickly I was late on take-off:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In this video I went up Mount Lemmon hoping to catch some aerial of the "snow" that fell the night before. There wasn't much snow and it was 32 degrees out so I did just one flight focusing on vertical flying up and down near the rocks. Good practice anyway!

Reactions: Capitan Bastos
Phoenix or NM side of Tucson on the train? Have thought about coming down that way for some train shots.

Phoenix or NM side of Tucson on the train? Have thought about coming down that way for some train shots.

I went to Houghton Road and I10 in Tucson since I live here. I'd really like to do a timelapse and aerial over the train yard too. You must be in Phoenix?

Mesa. Place I was thinking that would be a cool shot is Red Rock. There is an old wooden water tank from the steam engine days still standing by the tracks.

Mesa. Place I was thinking that would be a cool shot is Red Rock. There is an old wooden water tank from the steam engine days still standing by the tracks.

Nice ... Sounds like a much more photogenic place than where I went. I hope you get some flying time there!

Did some flying at Canyon Diablo and Two Guns back in April -- pretty cool places...

I should receive my P4P tomorrow and plan to take a trip to southern Utah in a week or two with it. Don't think I'll get down to AZ this time, probably Moab.

Brian

Reactions: Quadular
Did some flying at Canyon Diablo and Two Guns back in April -- pretty cool places...

I should receive my P4P tomorrow and plan to take a trip to southern Utah in a week or two with it. Don't think I'll get down to AZ this time, probably Moab.

Brian

Nice Video, great naration... can't believe you did not make a pass under the bridge... ( or did you ?? )
Waylander

Recently passed through Tuscon, heading for a trade show in Vegas,had a blowout on the trailer and missed a wonderful opportunity to fly my P3P . I could see Pinal Air Park right across the interstate.
IMG_0502.JPG

Brian
Great video, very interesting history, thank's for sharing Brian

Nice Video, great naration... can't believe you did not make a pass under the bridge... ( or did you ?? )
Waylander

No, I didn't fly under the bridge -- if you noticed there were communications cables strung across the gorge real close to the bridge and my luck if I'd flown under the bridge it would lose signal and RTH right into the bridge or the cables. I try to avoid going behind or under things in case it loses communications.

Brian

Reactions: Waylander

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers