Reaction score
So, I wanted something more versatile than the DJI car charger to use while driving between drone operation locations. I found this one and it works great! It charges my P4 batteries with no issues and is as fast as if charging at home.

It's the Potek 300w Power Inverter, 12V DC to 110V AC car adapter with two 110V AC outlets and two 5V/2A USB charging ports. It can also laptop computers, cameras, portable DVD players, etc.

The best part? Well, there are two best parts... 1) It's only USD$29.99 and 2) I can power my laptop to process and upload my videos out in the field.

It has all kinds of safety features, protecting against overheating, overloading, over/under voltage, overcharging, short circuiting, etc. I can plug it into my cigarette/accessory outlet or clamp it directly to my car's battery.

I can configure the display to show voltage in, voltage out, or wattage out.

Here's the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J5K0F5U

My concern is that it doesn't tell us about the output wave form. I will not use it unless it's sine wave output. Too risky to use for Lipo batteries.

My recommendation will be not to use it until we get detailed info about the product.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: John1960
This unit is a modified sine wave unit. I've used it many times on multiple P4 batteries and all is well. I always keep a very close eye on the battery metrics and health.

Personally, I definitely recommend this unit for those Phantom 4 users that need portable charging while out on operations.

My concern is that it doesn't tell us about the output wave form. I will not use it unless it's sine wave output. Too risky to use for Lipo batteries.

My recommendation will be not to use it until we get detailed info about the product.

You may be unnecessarily concerned. If the phantom charger is switch mode it will have a rectifier bridge on the input so waveform and line frequency will be largely irrelevant.

You may be unnecessarily concerned. If the phantom charger is switch mode it will have a rectifier bridge on the input so waveform and line frequency will be largely irrelevant.

You may be right but We can't work with the guesses as the load is a Lipo battery.

Last edited:
...We can't work with the guesses...
There are no more guesses. I've been charging this way with multiple batteries for a while now and there has been absolutely no ill effect whatsoever.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31