Charging the WiFi extender

Reaction score
I charged the Wifi extender up last night and it took over 4 hours to charge, although there was no warning light to show that the battery was low. I've just put it on charge again this morning and I see that it is charging again for over an hour back to green light.
So it is obviously discharging whilst switched off.

My question is, would it harm the battery to leave it on permanent charge.

Depends how clever the charging circuitry is - but I personally wouldn't leave anything plugged in and charging overnight.

Another option is to charge it up the night before then carry a portable power pack with you. I've just reviewed the one I use here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3COlgrgvLFs which is good for keeping your phone/tablet going too...

The time also depends on how you charged it - a mains USB adapter is dramatically faster than the USB port on a computer. I agree, I would not want to leave it on charging for extended periods.

My extender exhibits the occasional random bit of behaviour. Usually it charges in around the same time it takes to bring a battery up from 25% but I have noticed that sometimes it seems to charge much quicker (with similar rates of usage).

Does anyone know how long the battery in the WiFi extender lasts when in use?

Does anyone know what sort of battery is inside ? I ask because having read up on various links posted here I now realise it is definitely not a good idea to completely recharge your main P2V batteries after use, just bring them up to 50‰ so I wondered if the same applies to the RE battery .....

pault said:
...I now realise it is definitely not a good idea to completely recharge your main P2V batteries after use, just bring them up to 50‰...

Why on earth should you not charge the main batteries to 100℅? If you don't, you will never get full flying time. I understand that it is only when you wish to store your batteries for some time that you need to leave them with a 50℅ charge.

Jabula said:
pault said:
...I now realise it is definitely not a good idea to completely recharge your main P2V batteries after use, just bring them up to 50‰...

Why on earth should you not charge the main batteries to 100℅? If you don't, you will never get full flying time. I understand that it is only when you wish to store your batteries for some time that you need to leave them with a 50℅ charge.
You are right, I used to charge up to 100‰ after each flight but the weather has been so bad recently it is sometimes several days until I can fly again so my new regime is to charge the batteries just before I plan to fly. Just means I can relax knowing that the batteries are always in the best condition.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj