Charging the WiFi extender

Reaction score
I have a question about charging the WiFi extender.

Will charging the battery when it has dropped to like 40-50% hurt the battery or decrease the lifetime of the battery meaning you should always wait for the battery level to drop to a level where it will alert you of low battery level or is it OK to charge it when it still has some 40-50% left?

Not sure of the wifi extender, but charging the phantom batteries from 75%.. it is advised to leave the battery turned on.

Yes, I remember reading what you mention about the Phantom batteries.

A bit tricky all this with charging batteries I think.

Just like with the Phantom batteries in other words, good to know.

I'm very happy I found this forum being able to get good advice so easily and quickly!

The recommended "full" discharge cycle for the main battery is not for longer life, it is there so that the charge controller/capacity display can relearn the available battery capacity since it gets reduced with age/charge cycles. Furthermore the main battery has a much larger discharge rate when used which stresses the battery much more than the low discharge rate the wifi extender battery gets.
Stop worrying about the extender battery charging it's no different than your cell phone.
Overcharging, Over-discharging, charging with too high amperage, high temperatures are all things that shorten the life or quickly kill LiPo batteries and not the "in between level" charging.

Thanks for the thorough explanation!

What you say about overcharging and over-discharging could that really happen with the Phantom batteries? Isn't the charger intelligent in the way it will stop charging once the battery is fully charged?

And as for over-discharging I don't see how that could happen either since you'll always get the low battery warning not allowing you to fly any longer or am I missing something?

Brettly said:
Not sure of the wifi extender, but charging the phantom batteries from 75%.. it is advised to leave the battery turned on.
My experience is that if the battery is above 75%, it won't charge unless you have it turned on... try it and you'll see the charge lights won't come on if it's nearly charged...

srandall25 said:
My experience is that if the battery is above 75%, it won't charge unless you have it turned on... try it and you'll see the charge lights won't come on if it's nearly charged...

Yep. Whether or not it's charging while not turned on is another thing? Nonetheless that's what the bible says. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31