Charging the Transmitter

Reaction score
I think I have a problem charging my transmitter for my Phantom 2 Vision +.....When I turn the transmitter on there is only three of the four lights on, so I decided to charge it up to full capacity. I plugged in the usb to the transmitter and the other in into my computer usb, well some time later over an hour I unplugged the transmitter and turned it on and again only three of the four lights are on. Can any one shed some light on this for me...Please!!!!!

Re: Charginging the Transmitter

Try using an adapter and a wall socket. Some computers don't put out enough juice via USB.

I use a Photive 25w 5 USB slot wall socket charger. Each of the USB slots deliver different amps so it works great for charging just about anything that gets charged through a USB connection. I think they are about $25.

Re: Charginging the Transmitter

New style? Turn it off when charging..goes red...goes out (maybe green?) when fully charged

I did try my Iphone wall plug in and the power light went to RED, that's not good??? Unplugged and slid the power switch to on and still only 3 green lights......

If its the new model with the thumb wheel, turn it off..it should glow RED and then GREEN WHEN charged. Plug into AC

Prylar Bek said:
If its the new model with the thumb wheel, turn it off..it should glow RED and then GREEN WHEN charged. Plug into AC

Yes, its the new model with the thumb wheel, so turn it off plug into ac and should glow RED when charging and turn Green when charged. I will give that a try in the morning, headed to a bon fire now, but thank you for your time.
Rick

yes..Either turns green (I think this) or turns off alltogether And one more thing...it uses very little power so it LASTS for ever! I've flown 15 sorties and still had 4 led's

Prylar Bek said:
Well said Prylar, Yes if you plugged it in & it turned red, it is charging. Once it has topped off, charging light will turn green. Yes too what Guay said, wall charger or iPhone USB charger will do a better job than some computer USB ports.
Enjoy the Bon fire! BTW, I just spent 3 days at Margeritaville!!! I was helping your economy :lol: :lol: got home last night!

You were here in Shreveport, if so next time let me know and we can do some flying. Have not found anyone here with a Phantom to fly with. and thanks for the info..

Yep, we try to go once a year or so. Normally about 6 or so of us go. Normally stay at Eldorado but friends had rooms comped at Margeritaville. That would be pretty fun to do that. Hopefully can make it that way this summer. Just have to see how work goes:-/

Thanks to all that helped me out with this unknown, here is wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Still looking for Phantom owners that live here to fly with, any of you HERE??

Rick, have you tried the regional meetup section?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic