Charging the range extender

Reaction score
Hi all, wifi range extender has been charging for more than 3 hours, is this normal? I have just received my phantom vision, will charging times reduce after it is used for sometime? Thanks.

well, i did charge it first time overnight, so not sure how much time needed, but I guess that 3 hours are a lot ...
but of course depends on how much mA your usb can supply.

I had a thought that DJI could have put a usb port on the main charger to let people charge also the range externder at flycamp :roll:

Fresh out of the box it took 4 hours for mine to hit full charge. Subsequently it takes about 15 or 20 minutes to recharge after flying for 25 minutes. It seems to have plenty of juice in it, I tend to recharge it every other flight. Other users have reported leaving it switched on by accident and it's still going 10 hours later.

Thanks for the info, i guess mine too, took 4 hours give or take till i got a green light, thanks again.

I left mine on charge over night 10+ hours and when I checked It the next morning the light was still yellow. I left it on for another 5 hours and it still had a yellow light....never green.

I was wondering what others were experiencing to get a full charge

redrick said:
I left mine on charge over night 10+ hours and when I checked It the next morning the light was still yellow. I left it on for another 5 hours and it still had a yellow light....never green.

I was wondering what others were experiencing to get a full charge

It's probably not a good idea to keep charging it if it hasn't turned green already (after 15 hours of charging). In my experience, the first charge took near 4 hours to turn green, and everytime thereafter has been 1 to 1.5 hours to turn green... as I'd expect because it isn't fully discharged (from the 20-25 min flight).

I am sure you have done this, but make sure your usb plug is in tight. I had the same problem. Even though it showed the yellow light, it was not charging and I found that it was not plugged in tight. Also, you might try a different usb cord.

Keep in mind that not all USB ports are fully powered. I understand that this problem is especially prevalent with some USB "Hubs"... On my PC for example, some of the USB ports will cause my iPad to warn me that it is not charging, it actually IS charging, but just very slowly. Most of the other ports give a full charge and no warning from the iPad. Usually the wall warts DO provide ample current, but it would be a good idea to try some different USB ports and see what happens.

Initially, my Range Extender took a very long time...5-6 hours...to charge, using a proven Wall Wart. Since then it's been much quicker, but it still takes longer than the main battery, which will recharge from about a 20-25% state to full charge in an hour or so....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4