charging range extender

if I remember correctly brand-new out-of-the-box I plug mine into my iMac and I think it took around 3 to 3 1/2 hours to charge fully and I've only charged it once

Thanks. Just got a P2V and it's been charging for almost 3 hours. Was wondering if it was normal. Guess it is.

summitwynds said:
How long should it take to charge the range extender?

I have found that it ALWAYS takes a long time to charge the range extender. It seems to lose charge while stored in the case. So, you really have to plan ahead when you decide on a day to go flying.

At least 4 hours the first time. I have seen anecdotal evidence that keeping it fully charged (someone even running it off a portable usb power bank) can ensure maximum possible range for your given conditions. It won't take so long to charge next time unless you run it down to the red light. I tend to charge it in the evening if I know I'm planning on flying the next day.

Knighthawk said:
summitwynds said:
How long should it take to charge the range extender?

I have found that it ALWAYS takes a long time to charge the range extender. It seems to lose charge while stored in the case. So, you really have to plan ahead when you decide on a day to go flying.

Yeah that is true. The extender loses its charge when off. So you need to make sure that you charge it ahead of time or right before you go flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.